how to progress in NFSU2?

I have been playing NFSU2 version 1.0 and after I win a race in a circuit, I
don't see that I get rewarded for points. If I click on continue button, it
says all my saved game will be erased. How do I progress forward? Where is
the save button? This is unlike the first NFSU where one will get rewarded
with points automatically if one wins a race.
2 answers Last reply
More about progress nfsu2
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > I have been playing NFSU2 version 1.0 and after I win a race in a circuit,
    > don't see that I get rewarded for points.

    If you get a reward (in addition to money) you will get an SMS message.

    > If I click on continue button, it
    > says all my saved game will be erased. How do I progress forward?

    It says your _previous_ save will be overwritten, this is what you want to
    happen. Alternatively you can press ESC and choose the option to jump to
    your garrage. You can save your game there too.

    If you haven't found it yet, pressing M when you are not in a race will gave
    you a map which is very useful as you can set the GPS to point you to your
    next chosen race/shop. Not all races or shops are on the map.

    It takes a few races to learn how this version works, just give it time.

    Adam S
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > I have been playing NFSU2 version 1.0 and after I win a race in a circuit, I
    > don't see that I get rewarded for points. If I click on continue button, it
    > says all my saved game will be erased. How do I progress forward? Where is
    > the save button? This is unlike the first NFSU where one will get rewarded
    > with points automatically if one wins a race.

    The default for saving is "prompt", you can change this to "autosave" (I don't
    recommend this), or "off" (you decide when to save, but this is risky if you
    forget or the game crashes).

    Go ahead and click on OK to save after each race. If you want to back up
    your files (I recommend this), they're located here:

    C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\Local Settings\Application Data\NFS Underground 2

    Change your folder options on my computer to let you see hidden folders, as
    "Local Settings" and "Application Data" are hidden folders. Backup all the
    foldes and files in this directory. (I do this often).

    Progress in NFSU2 is the result of completing events. To complete a stage and
    go on to the next stage, you need to do so many events. Stage 1 is easy as
    it's just 5 events. However, you can get 8 races done by the end of Stage 1
    if you run the two normal events and one hidden event before going to the
    car shop. For stage 2, you need to complete the sponsorship requirements
    which are listed when you join up, in this case, 10 (of 18) normal events,
    3 sponsor chosen events, 3 URL's, and 1 DVD cover (requires a 1 star car).
    After you complete a stage you get a World Map Icon added to the garage
    menu and from there see a lift what you completed and missed, which will
    probably be the hidden events. If you backup often, you can go back and
    look for those events. The world map lets you run these races also, but
    I haven't checked if they end up being counted as completed (you won't
    get money for them though).

    The points you get don't count towards progress, but the more points, the
    more choices you have for a sponsor, which doesn't do much as differences
    in sponsors just mean a bit more money.

    The yellow and red points you see while racing just affect your NOS supply
    and don't get added to any overall score.

Games Video Games