how to progress in NFSU2?

Last response: in Video Games
December 2, 2004 3:47:06 AM

I have been playing NFSU2 version 1.0 and after I win a race in a circuit, I
don't see that I get rewarded for points. If I click on continue button, it
says all my saved game will be erased. How do I progress forward? Where is
the save button? This is unlike the first NFSU where one will get rewarded
with points automatically if one wins a race.

More about : progress nfsu2

Anonymous
December 3, 2004 5:18:34 PM

> I have been playing NFSU2 version 1.0 and after I win a race in a circuit,
> don't see that I get rewarded for points.

If you get a reward (in addition to money) you will get an SMS message.

> If I click on continue button, it
> says all my saved game will be erased. How do I progress forward?

It says your _previous_ save will be overwritten, this is what you want to
happen. Alternatively you can press ESC and choose the option to jump to
your garrage. You can save your game there too.

If you haven't found it yet, pressing M when you are not in a race will gave
you a map which is very useful as you can set the GPS to point you to your
next chosen race/shop. Not all races or shops are on the map.

It takes a few races to learn how this version works, just give it time.

Adam S
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 5:40:19 PM

> I have been playing NFSU2 version 1.0 and after I win a race in a circuit, I
> don't see that I get rewarded for points. If I click on continue button, it
> says all my saved game will be erased. How do I progress forward? Where is
> the save button? This is unlike the first NFSU where one will get rewarded
> with points automatically if one wins a race.

The default for saving is "prompt", you can change this to "autosave" (I don't
recommend this), or "off" (you decide when to save, but this is risky if you
forget or the game crashes).

Go ahead and click on OK to save after each race. If you want to back up
your files (I recommend this), they're located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\Local Settings\Application Data\NFS Underground 2

Change your folder options on my computer to let you see hidden folders, as
"Local Settings" and "Application Data" are hidden folders. Backup all the
foldes and files in this directory. (I do this often).

Progress in NFSU2 is the result of completing events. To complete a stage and
go on to the next stage, you need to do so many events. Stage 1 is easy as
it's just 5 events. However, you can get 8 races done by the end of Stage 1
if you run the two normal events and one hidden event before going to the
car shop. For stage 2, you need to complete the sponsorship requirements
which are listed when you join up, in this case, 10 (of 18) normal events,
3 sponsor chosen events, 3 URL's, and 1 DVD cover (requires a 1 star car).
After you complete a stage you get a World Map Icon added to the garage
menu and from there see a lift what you completed and missed, which will
probably be the hidden events. If you backup often, you can go back and
look for those events. The world map lets you run these races also, but
I haven't checked if they end up being counted as completed (you won't
get money for them though).

The points you get don't count towards progress, but the more points, the
more choices you have for a sponsor, which doesn't do much as differences
in sponsors just mean a bit more money.

The yellow and red points you see while racing just affect your NOS supply
and don't get added to any overall score.
!