Underground2 USA v UK versions...

I might have posted this before...news-server been going a bit
crazy....anyway,

Why can't I join an on-line game with folks from the USA?
If I host a game, my friend can't see it, although the ea messenger
thing works, and if he hosts a game, I can't see his....I know the game
is there because we were configuring it through Yahoo messenger.

Are different servers used between the USA and Europe ?
I can race with players from Canada, Brazil and Europe, but can't seem
to connect to folks running the US version...
WTF is going on ?

Any ideas ?...total incompatibility between the US and Europe versions
or what ??
Never had such a problem with the first Underground, or Hot pursuit 2 or
even Porsche 2000 !

--
Jez
'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable

Skype callto://hellward
NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
Yeowww
8 answers Last reply
More about underground2 versions
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    blame EA

    "Jez" <iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com> wrote in message
    >I might have posted this before...news-server been going a bit
    >crazy....anyway,
    >
    > Why can't I join an on-line game with folks from the USA?
    > If I host a game, my friend can't see it, although the ea messenger thing
    > works, and if he hosts a game, I can't see his....I know the game is there
    > because we were configuring it through Yahoo messenger.
    >
    > Are different servers used between the USA and Europe ?
    > I can race with players from Canada, Brazil and Europe, but can't seem to
    > connect to folks running the US version...
    > WTF is going on ?
    >
    > Any ideas ?...total incompatibility between the US and Europe versions or
    > what ??
    > Never had such a problem with the first Underground, or Hot pursuit 2 or
    > even Porsche 2000 !
    >

    > --
    > Jez
    > 'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable notion
    > that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often led to
    > accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what that
    > reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be skeptical of
    > someone else's description of reality.'-
    > Howard Zinn
    >
    > Skype callto://hellward
    > NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
    > Yeowww
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Predator wrote:
    > blame EA

    Meaning the US/UK versions are incompatible for on-line play ?

    --
    Jez
    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
    notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
    led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
    that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
    skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn

    Skype callto://hellward
    NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
    Yeowww
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    yes
    > Predator wrote:
    >> blame EA
    >
    > Meaning the US/UK versions are incompatible for on-line play ?
    >

    >> "Jez" <iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I might have posted this before...news-server been going a bit
    >>>crazy....anyway,
    >>>
    >>>Why can't I join an on-line game with folks from the USA?
    >>>If I host a game, my friend can't see it, although the ea messenger thing
    >>>works, and if he hosts a game, I can't see his....I know the game is
    >>>there because we were configuring it through Yahoo messenger.
    >>>
    >>>Are different servers used between the USA and Europe ?
    >>>I can race with players from Canada, Brazil and Europe, but can't seem to
    >>>connect to folks running the US version...
    >>>WTF is going on ?
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas ?...total incompatibility between the US and Europe versions or
    >>>what ??
    >>>Never had such a problem with the first Underground, or Hot pursuit 2 or
    >>>even Porsche 2000 !
    >>>

    >>>--
    >>>Jez
    >>>'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
    >>>notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
    >>>led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
    >>>that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
    >>>skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
    >>>Howard Zinn
    >>>
    >>>Skype callto://hellward
    >>>NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
    >>>Yeowww
    >>

    > --
    > Jez
    > 'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable notion
    > that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often led to
    > accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what that
    > reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be skeptical of
    > someone else's description of reality.'-
    > Howard Zinn
    >
    > Skype callto://hellward
    > NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
    > Yeowww
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > Why can't I join an on-line game with folks from the USA?

    Blame EA.

    Is there a TCP-IP option?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Predator wrote:
    > yes

    OK...Thanks.

    A bloody stupid thing to do that's for sure !

    --
    Jez
    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
    notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
    led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
    that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
    skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn

    Skype callto://hellward
    NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
    Yeowww
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Jeff Reid said the following on 2/12/2004 22:23:
    >>Why can't I join an on-line game with folks from the USA?
    >

    > Blame EA.
    >
    > Is there a TCP-IP option?

    There are different cars in the UK and us version (civic & rsx VS Corsa
    & 106)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Mosquito2001 wrote:
    > Jeff Reid said the following on 2/12/2004 22:23:
    >
    >>> Why can't I join an on-line game with folks from the USA?
    >>

    >> Blame EA.
    >>
    >> Is there a TCP-IP option?
    >>

    > There are different cars in the UK and us version (civic & rsx VS Corsa
    > & 106)

    So what ? That's no excuse, all the other NFS series have worked, and if
    the different cars are the problem, why not have a bunch of 'stock' cars
    that could be used. I'm really fu**ing annoyed about it !

    --
    Jez
    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
    notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
    led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
    that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
    skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn

    Skype callto://hellward
    NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
    Yeowww
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Jeff Reid wrote:
    >>Why can't I join an on-line game with folks from the USA?
    >

    > Blame EA.
    >
    > Is there a TCP-IP option?

    Nope, there's a 'LAN' option, but it doesn't work, it scans for games,
    rather than allowing and IP address to be entered.

    --
    Jez
    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
    notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
    led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
    that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
    skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn

    Skype callto://hellward
    NFS Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground.
    Yeowww

Games Video Games