User account

I am using windows xp home edition on my laptop and I cannot recall my
password ever since I've been using this pc. It is the computer administrator
user account and i can't get in. What can I do?
3 answers Last reply
More about user account

    When XP Home is initially installed it creates a hidden Administrator
    account that has a blank password.

    Boot to Safe Mode. At the logon screen select Administrator. Leave the
    password blank. See you can log on. Then go to the Control panel->User
    accounts and reset the password for the account you normally log on with.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Can somebody help me please?" <Can somebody help me
    please?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am using windows xp home edition on my laptop and I cannot recall my
    > password ever since I've been using this pc. It is the computer
    > administrator
    > user account and i can't get in. What can I do?

    You could also just press ctrl+alt+delete two times to get to the windows
    2000 style logon screen. Just enter Administrator (and NO password) and hit
    enter... you should be able to log on. If not, you could try something like
    ERD commander

    http://www.erdcommander.com/products/repairandrecovery/erdcommander2002.asp?pid=erd

    "Can somebody help me please?" wrote:

    > I am using windows xp home edition on my laptop and I cannot recall my
    > password ever since I've been using this pc. It is the computer administrator
    > user account and i can't get in. What can I do?

    hi the first thing you can do is go the all users which will have the
    administrator which you can look at or the easyist but long thing is to
    restart the whol of windows

Microsoft Windows XP