Sign in with
Your question

Vapochill or something better for s939?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 30, 2006 3:56:10 AM

I am just getting into overclocking and want to start messing around with my AMD 64 4000 and was looking at some different heatsinks. My dad's friend swears by vapochill heatsinks for overclocking and recommends it to me but I was wondering what else is out there that is very good. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

More about : vapochill s939

September 30, 2006 9:41:27 PM

Your lucky a certain presence is not roving the forums right now or you would be severly scorned. Apparently, the Vapchill Micro is a four letter word right now.

On the cheap end the Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro simply has no competition.

In the mid-range, the Scythe Mine is a very good option.

On the high-end, the Scythe Infinity or the Thermalright Ultra-120 are excellent choices.

Avoid the overpriced Zalman products. The items listed about perform as good or better for less or the same price.
Related resources
October 1, 2006 3:06:55 AM

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry I was not more specific about the Vapochill Micro. I am liking the Scythe and will probaly purchase this. I am going to find some more reviews on it but it looks very nice.

-Dan
October 2, 2006 1:45:16 AM

I have looked at a few reviews of the Ultra-120 but it was a sinlge review. How does it compare to the SI-128?

The Ultra-120 Sits horizontal? As in the fan eitherblows the air up or down? Could it be mounted in reverse to blow the air straight towards the back case fan?
!