Help! Power supply question

nick111

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
My power supply made from DEER has short circuited and it fried my motherboard, 2 hard drives and a CD rom drive. I will be buying new hardware soon and don't want this to happen again. Which power supplies are recommended? How about the ones that come with Antec cases. The Neo, smart power, true power... Is there an electronic add-on that can be placed between the power supply and the computer hardware to help prevent this mass desruction?

Not suprising, the DEER brand is among the "light/cheap" class psu's and are much more prone to failure. The Neo and TruePower are great choices, the smartpower series are not bad if you get one that does not have a problem (have seen a rash of DOA / early death / RMAs as of late). If the smartpower did die it is much less likely to damage components as the deer unit has.

For protecting your investment any UPS unit with automatic voltage regulation (AVR) is what you want.

OscarChan

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
Hello ~
Firstly of all , I hope you may understand what I am saying ~ because my english is not very bad ~

By the way, You said you want to buy a antec power supply~
that is recommended in Hong Kong DIYers and PC users
because the power supply is very stable and anti-storm
A few months ago, Hong Kong faced a series of storm, at the moment
antec PSU performed its great capability ~

Do anyone may get a comment at my post as well as my english ? :oops: