NFS U2 restarts WinXP

I have a problem with Heed for speed underground2. It restarts windows xp
during loading,saving or just in moment after loading screen disappear &
sometimes during the play.Does I've been searching over the net for the
solution but without success. Can anybody help me with this? I formatted
disk & installed win98 & it works without problems.I tried dual boot but the
cd-rom drive disappeared in win98.(That's the other problem)So I removed 98
& now I only have XP.
Thanks in advance.
Cinho
6 answers Last reply
More about restarts winxp
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    check your drivers. if xp auto restarts it must be a driver fault. You can
    make it display a bluescreen and not autoreboot by changing the setting in
    the system panel. That will tell you what driver caused the problem (most
    likely video)
    "Cinho" <cuba1hr@yahooo.com> wrote in message
    >I have a problem with Heed for speed underground2. It restarts windows xp
    >during loading,saving or just in moment after loading screen disappear &
    >sometimes during the play.Does I've been searching over the net for the
    >solution but without success. Can anybody help me with this? I formatted
    >disk & installed win98 & it works without problems.I tried dual boot but
    >the cd-rom drive disappeared in win98.(That's the other problem)So I
    >removed 98 & now I only have XP.
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Cinho

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > I have a problem with Heed for speed underground2. It restarts windows xp during loading,saving or just in moment after loading
    > screen disappear & sometimes during the play.

    I get random crashes to desktop and reboots as well. Turning off
    hyperthreading seemed to help.

    I've turned autosave off, then manually save and then backup the game
    files as I progress through each staage.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    I have Athlon 1.2(that means no hyperthreading). Or you mean to turn off
    something else in graphics & video card settings?
    Thx,anyway
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > I have Athlon 1.2(that means no hyperthreading). Or you mean to turn off
    > something else in graphics & video card settings?

    The video stuff didn't seem to matter. However, I have an HP DVD writer
    that is my only cd-rom device on my system. It had a background app trying
    to pop up a window to notify me of a firmware update, and this was causings
    similar problems with NFSU2.

    For NFSU2 video settings, I turned off FSAA to speed things up a bit so
    I can run higher resolution.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > Well, I think I found my problem.
    It has something to do with my Genius Gamepad.
    Blue Screen says:
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    ..
    ..
    ..
    g2kgame.sys.....address.....
    g2kgame.sys.....address...

    ,so now I'll try to remove it & download new drivers for pad & then we'll
    see.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    I'm pretty sure your gamepad has nothing to do with this error. Seems that
    it is a Pagefile error, or bad memory, those two are the most common. Check
    out this link:

    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=DRIVER%5FIRQL%5FNOT%5FLESS%5FOR%5FEQUAL

    Phil

    > > Well, I think I found my problem.
    > It has something to do with my Genius Gamepad.
    > Blue Screen says:
    > DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > g2kgame.sys.....address.....
    > g2kgame.sys.....address...
    >
    > ,so now I'll try to remove it & download new drivers for pad & then we'll
    > see.

NFS Windows XP Video Games