NFS U2 restarts WinXP

Last response: in Video Games
December 2, 2004 2:22:06 AM

I have a problem with Heed for speed underground2. It restarts windows xp
during loading,saving or just in moment after loading screen disappear &
sometimes during the play.Does I've been searching over the net for the
solution but without success. Can anybody help me with this? I formatted
disk & installed win98 & it works without problems.I tried dual boot but the
cd-rom drive disappeared in win98.(That's the other problem)So I removed 98
& now I only have XP.
Thanks in advance.
Cinho

More about : nfs restarts winxp

December 2, 2004 2:22:07 AM

check your drivers. if xp auto restarts it must be a driver fault. You can
make it display a bluescreen and not autoreboot by changing the setting in
the system panel. That will tell you what driver caused the problem (most
likely video)
"Cinho" <cuba1hr@yahooo.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with Heed for speed underground2. It restarts windows xp
>during loading,saving or just in moment after loading screen disappear &
>sometimes during the play.Does I've been searching over the net for the
>solution but without success. Can anybody help me with this? I formatted
>disk & installed win98 & it works without problems.I tried dual boot but
>the cd-rom drive disappeared in win98.(That's the other problem)So I
>removed 98 & now I only have XP.
> Thanks in advance.
> Cinho

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 4:22:41 PM

> I have a problem with Heed for speed underground2. It restarts windows xp during loading,saving or just in moment after loading
> screen disappear & sometimes during the play.

I get random crashes to desktop and reboots as well. Turning off
hyperthreading seemed to help.

I've turned autosave off, then manually save and then backup the game
files as I progress through each staage.
December 3, 2004 11:38:32 PM

I have Athlon 1.2(that means no hyperthreading). Or you mean to turn off
something else in graphics & video card settings?
Thx,anyway
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 11:38:33 PM

> I have Athlon 1.2(that means no hyperthreading). Or you mean to turn off
> something else in graphics & video card settings?

The video stuff didn't seem to matter. However, I have an HP DVD writer
that is my only cd-rom device on my system. It had a background app trying
to pop up a window to notify me of a firmware update, and this was causings
similar problems with NFSU2.

For NFSU2 video settings, I turned off FSAA to speed things up a bit so
I can run higher resolution.
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 3:23:58 AM

> Well, I think I found my problem.
It has something to do with my Genius Gamepad.
Blue Screen says:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
..
..
..
g2kgame.sys.....address.....
g2kgame.sys.....address...

,so now I'll try to remove it & download new drivers for pad & then we'll
see.
December 5, 2004 2:39:36 AM

I'm pretty sure your gamepad has nothing to do with this error. Seems that
it is a Pagefile error, or bad memory, those two are the most common. Check
out this link:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-...

Phil

!