Paper feed problems Epson 740

Hello!
My Epson 740 regularly produces a paper jam. The paper seems to be
transported on one side only. It arrives on the front but soon becomes
crimpled and jams.

I noticed some time ago, that a pile of paper in the feeding paper tray
tends do sit asquew, having the tendency to become slanted (fall over)
to the left side. Probably this was a hint of a developing problem.

Any ideas? Or can someone please guide me to a link for a description of
servicing the paper feed mechanism?

I would be sorry if I had to give up the printer because of this
problem, since it is otherwise in great condition. There are no clogged
nozzels. And while it is noisy, it produces excellent output (if you use
a decent quality paper) and has very low ink prices (there are very good
third party ink cartidges available). And from time to time it gives you
some small problems, just about the right amount to tinker, but until
now always sucessfully.

However this time, I am out of ideas.
Any help appreciated!
Kind regards,
Gerd

Start with cleaning the rollers. Use some denatured alcohol. Push the paper
infeed button and hold a wetted rag against each roller. Also check for any
kind of debris or obstruction that may have gotten in the way of the paper
path.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net