Microsoft word

How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to get microsoft
word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.

Why should you "download" Microsoft Word when the rest of us have done the
correct thing and paid for it?

You are aware that MS Word is not free, are you not?

In closing, I am assuming that you are not so stupid as to post a request in
a Microsoft sponsored newsgroup for a pirated version of a MS product. At
least I hope you have more sense than that.

Bobby

"brain crew" wrote:

> How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to get microsoft
> word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.
You can download a trial version of Office Standard Edition 2003 (includes
Word) here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/default.mspx It will cost
when the trial time expires.

You buy it at a store or on-line and they send you the CDs.

"brain crew" <braincrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message

| How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want
to get microsoft
| word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.

map

"brain crew" wrote:

> How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to get microsoft
> word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.

My wife started taking an online class and the college suggested this free
alternative.
http://www.openoffice.org/

Microsoft Word is not available to download.

1) Go to store/shop that sells computer software.

2) Purchase either Microsoft Access and Word or a Microsoft Office
suite that
contains them.

3) Return home.

4) Insert installation CD in PC's CD drive and follow the on-screen
prompts and instructions to install application and desired additional
features.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"brain crew" <braincrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to get
> microsoft
> word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.

"brain crew" <braincrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to get
microsoft
> word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.

Cheapest way to get MS Office applications (like Word, Excel etc) is usually
by purchasing an OEM bundle.

Something like "MS Office Small Business Edition OEM" if thats still
available.

OEM means you won't get MS support but problems are rare (compared to
problems with the OS) and there are Office Newsgroups to help.

FYI, starting with Office 2003, Microsoft has made the Small
Business Edition available as a retail product, as well as an OEM
product. Currently, the only edition that's available solely as an
OEM product is Office Basic Edition.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

Bruce Chambers wrote:
> Microsoft Word is not available to download.
>
> 1) Go to store/shop that sells computer software.
>
> 2) Purchase either Microsoft Access and Word or a Microsoft Office
> suite that
> contains them.
>
> 3) Return home.
>
> 4) Insert installation CD in PC's CD drive and follow the on-screen
> prompts and instructions to install application and desired additional
> features.

What about activation???

What about it? The process is normally automatic and simple.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

In news:24351709-96A4-4F19-ACEA-C84DFF080D21@microsoft.com,
brain crew <braincrew@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to
> get
> microsoft word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.

You can't. Word is commercial software available for sale. If
you want to steal it, you've come to the wrong place.

Please reply to the newsgroup

bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Bullshit Ken, you sure as hell can download it from Microsoft as one of my
other posts specified.
You can use it for thirty days without purchase, after that you have to buy
it.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/trial/evalkit.mspx#EEA

> In news:24351709-96A4-4F19-ACEA-C84DFF080D21@microsoft.com,
> brain crew <braincrew@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
> > How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to
> > get
> > microsoft word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.
>

> You can't. Word is commercial software available for sale. If
> you want to steal it, you've come to the wrong place.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Sorry Ken that was the wrong link.
The right link is in one of my other post.
It's not a download though, they ship a trial version.

"Bernie" <simmons@classicnet.net> wrote in message
> Bullshit Ken, you sure as hell can download it from Microsoft as one of my
> other posts specified.
> You can use it for thirty days without purchase, after that you have to
buy
> it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/trial/evalkit.mspx#EEA

> > In news:24351709-96A4-4F19-ACEA-C84DFF080D21@microsoft.com,
> > brain crew <braincrew@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> >
> > > How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to
> > > get
> > > microsoft word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.
> >

> > You can't. Word is commercial software available for sale. If
> > you want to steal it, you've come to the wrong place.
> >
> > --
> > Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
> > Please reply to the newsgroup

That is a trial version of MSServer 2003, not MS Word, which is what the
poster asked for. Unless the user has an MSDN subscription, MS Word is not
downloadable (legally at least) in any fashion.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bernie" <simmons@classicnet.net> wrote in message
> Bullshit Ken, you sure as hell can download it from Microsoft as one of my
> other posts specified.
> You can use it for thirty days without purchase, after that you have to
> buy
> it.
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/trial/evalkit.mspx#EEA

>> In news:24351709-96A4-4F19-ACEA-C84DFF080D21@microsoft.com,
>> brain crew <braincrew@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>> > How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to
>> > get
>> > microsoft word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.
>>

>> You can't. Word is commercial software available for sale. If
>> you want to steal it, you've come to the wrong place.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

David

You might consider downloading a copy of Open Office - it does lots of the
things that Word does, including reading Word files, and it is free.

David - who is one of those people that actually likes MS Word, and has used
it for all his writing for the past 10 years - but can no longer afford to buy
the latest versions

In news:e4XxJS2zEHA.2528@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Bernie <simmons@classicnet.net> typed:

> Bullshit Ken, you sure as hell can download it from Microsoft
> as one
> of my other posts specified.
> You can use it for thirty days without purchase, after that you
> have
> to buy it.

Two points:

1. Although a trial version is available, his message indicated
to me that he wasn't looking to download a trial version, but
wanted to download a copy he could keep and continue to use for
free--a pirate version.

2. That was my interpretation of his question. It may or may not
be right, and perhaps a trial version, which as you point out is
available, is all he wanted. But even if I'm wrong, your childish
rudeness is out of place and not appreciated.

Please reply to the newsgroup

>> In news:24351709-96A4-4F19-ACEA-C84DFF080D21@microsoft.com,
>> brain crew <braincrew@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>> > How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to
>> > get
>> > microsoft word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.
>>

>> You can't. Word is commercial software available for sale. If
>> you want to steal it, you've come to the wrong place.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Try open office, it will do most any thing MS Office can do and it doesn't
cost a penny. search for the open office suite on www.google.com.
(sorry Mr. Gates, but this poor bum doesn't have enough money to worry you
any.)

I have WORD 200 in my old computer, however I cannot find the disc. How can i
tranfer the program to XP?

"brain crew" wrote:

> How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to get microsoft
> word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.

You cannot transfer a program. You need the original
Microsoft Word installation CD and Product Key.

;326246]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

Microsoft Works Suite 2005 (also includes Microsoft Word)
http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=88ef866c-23d8-4105-b196-a3d05a8f7234&type=ovr

($99.95 - $20.00 rebate = $79.95) (good value)

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

In news:700CA6CF-F2CF-471C-AA83-B498FB0A26C6@microsoft.com,
fentonlawless <fentonlawless@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

>I have WORD 200 in my old computer, however I cannot find the
>disc.

That *is* an old version. ;-)

> How can i tranfer the program to XP?

Sorry, but you're out of luck. You can't transfer programs like
this. If you can't find the installation CD, you'll need to buy
another copy.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Yes. The Romans used it about the time of their completion of the Gask Ridge
frontier fortifications in northern Scotland.

fentonlawless wrote:
> I have WORD 200 in my old computer, however I cannot find the disc. How can i
> tranfer the program to XP?

You must have the installation CD, there's no other way to "transfer"
an Office application from one computer to another.

If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

If it was an OEM license, you cannot legitimately transfer it to a
new computer, anyway, so you'll have to purchase another license.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

I can't download word in my new computer with XP home. Anyone help me please.

"CWatters" wrote:

> "brain crew" <braincrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > How can I download a copy of Microsoft word. I want to get
> microsoft
> > word for my computer windows XP Home Edition.
>
> Cheapest way to get MS Office applications (like Word, Excel etc) is usually
> by purchasing an OEM bundle.
>
> Something like "MS Office Small Business Edition OEM" if thats still
> available.
>
> OEM means you won't get MS support but problems are rare (compared to
> problems with the OS) and there are Office Newsgroups to help.

Hi,

Download or install? Downloading infers that you are accessing a file from
another source on the 'net and copying it to your machine. Installing is
what you do when you insert a product CD and run the setup routine. As Word
is not something you should be able to download, I will assume your are
having trouble installing it. See if this helps:

Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

--

In news:731BF6F0-FA11-492D-9629-2953C154C591@microsoft.com,
Hans Costa <hans costa@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I can't download word in my new computer with XP home. Anyone
> help me
> please.

Word is commercial software, and it's for sale. You can't legally
download a copy anywhere.

Do you perhaps mean "install," not "download"? If so please help
us to help you. What does "I can't" mean? What happens when you
try? If you get an error message, please quote it verbatim
For information on how to make a good newsgroup posting, read
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Please reply to the newsgroup