Solved

I can't formate my PC

I formated the PC 2 times,with the same CD.now I can't.2 weeks ago i couldnt put in work the keyboard,than i figerout that something was demage on the port of motherboard.is it possible the problem with motherboard cosed me another problem: to can not formate PC...thank you and sorry for my bad english.
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about formate
  1. What error do you get? have you tryed a different disk?
  2. yes,i tried.but,when i put the CD into drive,it doesnt want to boot,only windows start to work.i tried several timesand again and iagain,i entered into bios,and im sure all is fine,there
  3. malaquecue said:
    I formated the PC 2 times,with the same CD.now I can't.2 weeks ago i couldnt put in work the keyboard,than i figerout that something was demage on the port of motherboard.is it possible the problem with motherboard cosed me another problem: to can not formate PC...thank you and sorry for my bad english.


    Does it give any error? or does it just restart? Anyway, its hard to tell just with what you said...
    It can be anything... Does the computer boot normally? if it does it might even be the CD... if you can try to format on another SATA socket. Try formatting the HDD first on another computer, if you cant format it on another pc its most likely the HDD itself. If you can format it on another machine it can be something is wrong with the motherboard/memory...
  4. You need to enter your BIOS and set it to boot first from cd/dvd.
  5. there is no error,only the pc restarts,normally...and it seems like there is no CD into drive. and about whether i tryed or no,i tried with another cd,and im sure that it was bootable,cos the man who gave to me,recently formated his pc
  6. anonymous1 said:
    You need to enter your BIOS and set it to boot first from cd/dvd.

    yes,i did it,i set the Bios to boot first from cd/dvd
  7. If it starts windows then the disk is not being read. Do you have anouther copy of your windows disk? you could try the ultimate boot disk as well.
    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
    it may also be a bad DVD drive.
  8. anonymous1 said:
    If it starts windows then the disk is not being read. Do you have anouther copy of your windows disk? you could try the ultimate boot disk as well.
    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
    it may also be a bad DVD drive.

    .................uh,i dint know what to think anymore,you are right,it could be anything..how ever ,thank you a lot,maybe im gona solve the problem,dont know,im such a biginner
  9. i will try now to explain better,i put the cd into drive,than i restart the pc,than i got black screen with thesewords:to boot from cd/dvd and insted of start with formatting the pc, i only see that my windows 7 stars with work and everything works like there is no cd into cd drive
  10. If you are seeing a black screen with the words "to boot from this cd/dvd" you should be hitting the enter key within 3 seconds.
  11. anonymous1 said:
    If you are seeing a black screen with the words "to boot from this cd/dvd" you should be hitting the enter key within 3 seconds.

    hello,u suggested to me to try with:http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.htlm, i downloaded and put it on cd,what next should i do? thamks
  12. Best answer
    Did you just put the ISO file copyed to your DVD/CD?
    It needs to be converted to a bootable disk.
    this explanes it a bit
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/burnisofile.htm

    and here is some free softeware to do it.
    http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm

    then see if you can boot off of the disk you made.
  13. anonymous1 said:
    Did you just put the ISO file copyed to your DVD/CD?
    It needs to be converted to a bootable disk.
    this explanes it a bit
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/burnisofile.htm

    and here is some free softeware to do it.
    http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm

    then see if you can boot off of the disk you made.
    ...............................few days passed,already,and i did ,finaly,thank you a lot
  14. Best answer selected by malaquecue.
  15. I think i have the same problem... what happens with my computer is that i put the windows 7 dvd and restart my computer (my computer boots the DVD/CD drive first as it should). i get the black screen that i am supposed to get BUT nothing comes up, the screen stays black for a while, as if the computer is trying to read the dvd then after about 5-10 secs the computer starts normally. i know i am doing everything right because i format-ed my computer before but obviously there is something wrong with the computer......... any ways to solve this or any other way to format a computer
  16. .few days passed,already,and i did ,finaly,thank you a lot

    what did u do ??
Ask a new question

Read More

CD-Rom Motherboards Keyboards Windows 7