ASROCK 775DUAL VSTA Problems

studio

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004
hey guys, i have a big problem
i`ve buyd a new ASROCK 775DUAL VSTA with a P4 3GHz
gecube X550, segate 250GB SATA2, 512DDR2

the problem is that this video card (X550) the pc doest work (i dont hear the first beep and the monitor doesnt open it)
when i`ve put my old ati radeon 9200, everything worked well.
I`ve tested the video card on other mainboard and it worked perfectly
and i`ve also updated the bios to 1.90 and made the setting to run from a pci express video card?

Any ideeas why it doesnt work?

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005

the problem is that this video card (X550) the pc doest work (i dont hear the first beep and the monitor doesnt open it)
and i`ve also updated the bios to 1.90 and made the setting to run from a pci express video card?

Yes, assomeone already mentioned, it is likely related to insufficeint power on the +12V rail. The compatability list (here) shows that card should work fine with this mobo...

studio

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

Yes, assomeone already mentioned, it is likely related to insufficeint power on the +12V rail. The compatability list (here) shows that card should work fine with this mobo...

I`ve tested my mobo using a Radeon 1600 (pci express), and everything worked fine.
And the source has 400W and at 12V - 16A

I will test the pc with a better source today.

I forget to mention it but when i start the pc with the x550 both colers the cpu one and the video card one are working, but the monitor isnt opening.

studio

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004
Though the system started up when you start playing a game and stressing the CPU and the Video card the System will shut down because the PSU can't support it.
You want 20A on a sigle +12v rail or you want a dual rail PSU with 16A on each rail. anything bigger will be fine as well.

Check the link below for information on choosing the right PSU.

TESTED WITH A 550W SOURCE, NOT WORKING...

i am changing the video card....