menus

Using XP PRo SP 2, I would like to prevent the welcome screen from appearing
when I start the system before it takes me to my desktop. Second I would
like to revert to the legacy style menu on shutdown, not the Turn Computer
off option.
Any hints

Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2

In the list of user accounts, highlight the account you want logged on automatically.

Uncheck Users must enter a username and password.............. Click Apply.

In the next dialog, enter the password for the account you chose in the second step.

For the shutdown dialog, the only way to accomplish this is to go back to the classic Windows logon (disable the Welcome Screen). Control Panel, User Accounts, Change the way users log on and log off.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.