Kentsfield & BadAxe2 > @3.7GHz On Reference Cooler!

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
http://vr-zone.com/?i=4067

CPUZ-3707.png

SandraCPU-3707.png

P.S. I feel sorry for the AMD fanboys with desperate hopes about 4x4 & K8L.

GunnySpook

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
OK, where can I find out more about this MB?

Intel D975XBX2?

Intel (of course) has nothing about it on their site. What's different from the regular BadAxe?

The Gunny

pausert20

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006

Intel D975XBX2?

Intel (of course) has nothing about it on their site. What's different from the regular BadAxe?

The Gunny

Bad Axe 2 is supposed to be launched when Kentsfield launches.

Improvements over Bad Axe:

1) Official DDR2-800 support
2) Should work with DDR2-1067
3) Improved margin on the FSB so better overclocking
4) New SATA RAID controller from Marvell
5) Improved Overclocking controls in BIOS

Legit reviews from IDF has a mini review of the Bad Axe 2 Fab D. Production board will be a Fab E.

Wombat2

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
Whats really going to make the AMD fanbois roll around on the floor beating their fists on the ground bawling their eyes out is that Intel announced at IDF that they will be shipping a shared cache quad core (i.e. like K8L) CPU in Q3 2007 just about when the AMD K8L is supposed to launch.

Despite the fact that Kentsfield/Clovertown show near linear scaling on properly multithreaded apps, AMD fanbois insist they arnt "true" quad cores. Only AMD will have true quad cores they claim :rolleyes: No longer true ...

Sucks to be an AMD fanboi doesnt it? :lol:

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006

Intel D975XBX2?

The Gunny
badaxe2.jpg

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/395/1/
The major component change that stood out for LR was the fact that Intel moved from a Silicon Image (SiI) 3114 chipset to the Marvell 88SE6145 controller.

1. Kentsfield/Conroe/XE Support ECO’d in BX WW13 (AA# -304)
- New Heceta to support PECI
- Layout and stack-up changes/tuning that gain margin for both default and over-clocked operation
2. SATA II Controller
- Marvell 4-port SATA2 PCIe controller
3. Sigmatel Audio Upgrade (for Vista compliance)
4. CK-505 Clock
5. Physical switch for Power On/Off
6. Enhanced voltage tweaking options for non CPU related circuits
7. BIOS Enhancements
- Improved User interface/OC steppings

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Whats really going to make the AMD fanbois roll around on the floor beating their fists on the ground bawling their eyes out is that Intel announced at IDF that they will be shipping a shared cache quad core (i.e. like K8L) CPU in Q3 2007 just about when the AMD K8L is supposed to launch.

Despite the fact that Kentsfield/Clovertown show near linear scaling on properly multithreaded apps, AMD fanbois insist they arnt "true" quad cores. Only AMD will have true quad cores they claim :rolleyes: No longer true ...

Sucks to be an AMD fanboi doesnt it? :lol:

I love my AMDS, but the fanboys truly are pathetic.

Lets do some simple math (apparently beyond the capacity of the "horde")

1 x 4 = 4
2 x 2 = 4

Hmmm, 4 = 4, no "glue" required

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

CPUZ-3707.png

SandraCPU-3707.png

4x4 is not designed to compete with Kentsfield. Neither is Barcelona, but Barclona's specs indicate a theoretical 200% increase in FP and 100% in integer. If their new prefetch and 256bit L1 comes through integer maybe increased 150%. If the "improved IPC" core touted in the Barcelona pics

Slide50.JPG

gets to a sustained 4 IPC, that translates to 25%. Don't count AMD out because the largest CPU manuf finally has a modern chip.

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
4x4 is not designed to compete with Kentsfield.
But in your last 1500 posts you are trolling about how 4x4 will outperform Kentsfield and cost less. Are you admiting your mega stupidity?

Neither is Barcelona, but Barclona's specs indicate a theoretical 200% increase in FP and 100% in integer. If their new prefetch and 256bit L1 comes through integer maybe increased 150%. If the "improved IPC" core touted in the Barcelona pics

Slide50.JPG
Idiot, K8 can perform 1 128bit FPi per clock, K8L will perform 2 128 FPis per clock, while the ALU of K8L will remain to be the same as on K8. That is 100% increase in FP and 0% in integer, you stupid troll.
The 256bit L1 and the new prefetcher are required becouse of the 100% FP incerease, stupid troll.

gets to a sustained 4 IPC, that translates to 25%.
You don't know idiot, what are you trlling about idiot.
Don't count AMD out because the largest CPU manuf finally has a modern chip.
Moron, depends what is "modern chip" for you, bnut if you are talking about the performance AMD needed 20 years to produce x86 chip that can stand shoulder to shoulder with the x86 chip of the largest CPU manufacturer.

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
I want to say something about the 'sustained 4 IPC' statement, but cannot figure out how to without sounding derogatory.

As I am trying to kick the 'kick Baron' addiction, I will refrain. :)
I had to remind the stupid troll that he is moron and idiot with every sentence. The chanches that BaronBS will get that are better.
Anyway, why there is no option for "permanent ignore". I hate reading his nickname.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
I want to say something about the 'sustained 4 IPC' statement, but cannot figure out how to without sounding derogatory.

Jack,

Dont take this the wrong way, but I dont think your going to find a "Kick the Kick Baron" habit support group here at THG.

You're on your own in that endevour. :wink:

GunnySpook

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Thanks, gOJDO! EXACTLY what I was looking for!

The Gunny

(So now, in addition to, "Why is it always $200?", I have to search for an answer to, "Why is it always 6 more weeks?"! :( )

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

Jack,

Dont take this the wrong way, but I dont think your going to find a "Kick the Kick Baron" habit support group here at THG.

You're on your own in that endevour. :wink:It's like when you get a new puppy, and he pees or poops on your rug. You have to rub his nose in it, give him a smack, and say......bad dog!!!. Then hopefully some day he'll figure it out. Baron needs to be trained to leave his sh*t outside. :wink:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Jack,

You're on your own in that endevour. :wink:It's like when you get a new puppy, and he pees or poops on your rug. You have to rub his nose in it, give him a smack, and say......bad dog!!!. Then hopefully some day he'll figure it out. Baron needs to be trained to leave his sh*t outside. :wink:

Ahhhhh....If only that technique would work with Baron......[/wistfull contemplation]. Most pups my family has had have learned that lesson in significantly less than Barons 9+ months here at THG forums. I wonder when we can move on to the more advanced commands, like 'sit' and 'heel'

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
I wonder when we can move on to the more advanced commands, like 'sit' and 'heel'
We must skip all other commands and stick at the "STFU" command which is fundamental for the credibility of THG and the quality of the discussions.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

CPUZ-3707.png

SandraCPU-3707.png

4x4 is not designed to compete with Kentsfield. Neither is Barcelona, but Barclona's specs indicate a theoretical 200% increase in FP and 100% in integer. If their new prefetch and 256bit L1 comes through integer maybe increased 150%. If the "improved IPC" core touted in the Barcelona pics

Slide50.JPG

gets to a sustained 4 IPC, that translates to 25%. Don't count AMD out because the largest CPU manuf finally has a modern chip.

How many times must I tell you fanboys. K8L is not Barcelona. The picture you just posted is of Deerhound/Greyhound (Server/Desktop K8L Variants).

Barcelona is nothing more then four K8 cores with a die shrink to 65nm.

K8L variants (Deerhound/Greyhound) won't appear until the 1H08 (1st Half of 2008).

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
How many times must I tell you fanboys. K8L is not Barcelona. The picture you just posted is of Deerhound/Greyhound (Server/Desktop K8L Variants).

K8L variants (Deerhound/Greyhound) won't appear until the 1H08 (1st Half of 2008).
Til you're blue in the face....at the very least. :wink:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Which, by no smal coincidence, is at least the same amount of time the average consumer is going to have to wait since the "official" release of X2 5200 and the time the can actually get their hands on one.

Makes you wonder with all the promotion AMD's been doing for this wonderous new "intel slaying" technology when the average consumer will actually be able to get some.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

Lol... seems like it... :p

Mike995

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Yes and theoretical numbers are always prettier then real world numbers. Why even bother bringing up theoretical untested performance ?. Besides that fact amds a$$ is going to be a sore for a week after that beating the kentsfield just lashed out.