Novice here.
RE: Win XP Pro SP1 on 2.6 GHz Pent IV:
When I try to use my Intel CD that came with motherboard to reinstall
SoundMax 4.0, the page from CD will not display fully to allow me see and
click on the SoundMax button. I get an error message as follows:
Error loading XML Parser. - (EO144133). This used to work fine until I
did a 'resetup' of Win XP Pro.
How can I fix this?

Thanking,
Ron Patterson

Hi Ron,

Xmlparse.dll is a file commonly found in AOL software, and in particular
their instant messenger program - AIM. It is also found in ICQ. The error is
occuring because one of these programs is loading as part of the startup
group (both of these do that by default during their setup).

What to do? Try reinstalling the applicable software, as the file may have
become corrupt in some fashion (or just uninstall it if you no longer use
it). At the very least, disable those programs from loading at startup.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone