Motorola Razr V3 now available.

Exclusively at Cingular. On the Web site. $499.99

<http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=562&ncid=738&e=5&u=/ap/2
0041117/ap_on_hi_te/motorola_razr>

<http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,,4883_4173_23,00.html>

<http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/experience/v3/flash/default.sh
tml?cm_mmc_o=RElbfw*ZwkkBFBfB*PzpTw*eN%20>

<http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=547>

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:27:11 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
said in alt.cellular.cingular:

>Exclusively at Cingular. On the Web site. $499.99

One year? Two year? It's still not as good as an honest dealer will
do.

In article <3t5op0t6jkghjt0ove168dv735n0u9njro@4ax.com>,
Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:27:11 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
> said in alt.cellular.cingular:
>
> >Exclusively at Cingular. On the Web site. $499.99
>
> One year? Two year? It's still not as good as an honest dealer will
> do.

Two years. Got a URL for your "dealer"?

> > >Exclusively at Cingular. On the Web site. $499.99
> >
> > One year? Two year? It's still not as good as an honest dealer will
> > do.
>
> Two years. Got a URL for your "dealer"?

I'll just bug to say that first off I do not see what the big deal is
about this device, aside from if it's as small as it'd seem to be,
then it may be cool. Anyway, 499.99 is a very good price, considering
that I just searched for it on Frooge, and some other discounted
merchandise search engines, and I have not found it for under 600$ on
average, and usually Froogle never dissapoints.

Ebay: http://search.ebay.com/motorola-razr-v3_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40

There is a seller in Australia selling RAZR's at a cheap price, but
I'm not biting. Everything else is still more than the cnglr price, if
not only slightly less. I'd just get it from cnglr, I'd feel more
secure, specially for such a high priced item. Get it from cnglr then
unlock / unbrand it, it's what I do with my phones.

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jack, it looks fantastic. The price is a bit high for my blood. Is there any
chance this will drop a hundred in the first 6 months?

In article <DWbnd.15396$2V4.11062@trndny06>,
"Gary" <GParent@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Jack, it looks fantastic. The price is a bit high for my blood. Is there any
> chance this will drop a hundred in the first 6 months?

It took about 9 months for the v600 to drop if thats any yardstick.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:11:24 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
said in alt.cellular.cingular:

>In article <3t5op0t6jkghjt0ove168dv735n0u9njro@4ax.com>,
> Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:27:11 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
>> said in alt.cellular.cingular:
>>
>> >Exclusively at Cingular. On the Web site. $499.99
>>
>> One year? Two year? It's still not as good as an honest dealer will
>> do.
>
>Two years. Got a URL for your "dealer"?

Yes, but I'm not supposed to advertise.

In article <alqqp0tvks3jnsk9m4k5k34ubs2b24cppv@4ax.com>,
Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:11:24 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
> said in alt.cellular.cingular:
>
> >In article <3t5op0t6jkghjt0ove168dv735n0u9njro@4ax.com>,
> > Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:

> >> One year? Two year? It's still not as good as an honest dealer will
> >> do.
> >
> >Two years. Got a URL for your "dealer"?
>
> Yes, but I'm not supposed to advertise.

Then you're making it up.

On 18 Nov 2004 18:10:32 -0800, mariusdb@gmail.com (M. D. Borca) said
in alt.cellular.cingular:

>I'll just bug to say that first off I do not see what the big deal is
>about this device, aside from if it's as small as it'd seem to be,
>then it may be cool.

It's thin. It's wide. I find it uncomfortable in my hand, although
the screen is nice and large. Cool? Unless I'm very mistaken (at my
age, "cool" refers to temperatures) the phone is not cool.

>Anyway, 499.99 is a very good price, considering
>that I just searched for it on Frooge, and some other discounted
>merchandise search engines, and I have not found it for under 600$ on
>average, and usually Froogle never dissapoints.

Just under $600 with a 2 year contract? I'd sell all I could at that
price.

Al Klein wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:11:24 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
> said in alt.cellular.cingular:
>

>>In article <3t5op0t6jkghjt0ove168dv735n0u9njro@4ax.com>,
>>Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:

>>>One year? Two year? It's still not as good as an honest dealer will
>>>do.
>>
>>Two years. Got a URL for your "dealer"?
>

> Yes, but I'm not supposed to advertise.

oh bs. as much as many in here would like to claim it was, this
newsgroup is not moderated. you can post a link to phone for sale,
you're not going to get arrested or even banned.

In <xsudnedeFNIL-APcRVn-jA@giganews.com> on Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:28:54 -0600,
Cambie <user@example.net> wrote:

>Al Klein wrote:

>> Yes, but I'm not supposed to advertise.
>
>oh bs. as much as many in here would like to claim it was, this
>newsgroup is not moderated. you can post a link to phone for sale,
>you're not going to get arrested or even banned.

True, you'll just be rude. Ads are specifically prohibited by the charter.
When you disrespect the charter, everyone loses.

In <a9ce8e18.0411181810.7b09ac4e@posting.google.com> on 18 Nov 2004 18:10:32
-0800, mariusdb@gmail.com (M. D. Borca) wrote:

>... Anyway, 499.99 is a very good price, considering
>that I just searched for it on Frooge, and some other discounted
>merchandise search engines, and I have not found it for under 600$ on
>average, and usually Froogle never dissapoints.

Perhaps it depends on the item, but I've been disappointed by Froogle more
often than not -- I can usually find a better price in other ways.

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 03:50:44 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
said in alt.cellular.cingular:

>In article <alqqp0tvks3jnsk9m4k5k34ubs2b24cppv@4ax.com>,
> Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:11:24 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
>> said in alt.cellular.cingular:

>> >Two years. Got a URL for your "dealer"?
>>
>> Yes, but I'm not supposed to advertise.
>
>Then you're making it up.

Nope. But John Navas would come after me. He seems to have a hair
trigger when something even looks as if it might be advertising, so
I'm sure not going to do it blatantly. Which is why the only email
address I show is munged. I don't want business from usenet.

(Can you hear me now, John? :) )

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:28:54 -0600, Cambie <user@example.net> said in
alt.cellular.cingular:

>Al Klein wrote:

>> Yes, but I'm not supposed to advertise.

>oh bs.

Just ask John Navas.

>as much as many in here would like to claim it was, this
>newsgroup is not moderated.

Of course it's not, but I didn't come here to start wars.

> you can post a link to phone for sale

As the individual owner of that phone, sure. As a dealer? Sorry, no.

>you're not going to get arrested or even banned.

I can't get arrested, even for violating the stated policy of a
newsgroup, and there's no way for an unmoderated newsgroup to ban
someone.

There is, however, common courtesy. If commercial advertising is
frowned on here I just won't do it.

Al Klein wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:28:54 -0600, Cambie <user@example.net> said in
> alt.cellular.cingular:
>

>>Al Klein wrote:
>

>>>Yes, but I'm not supposed to advertise.
>

>>oh bs.
>

> Just ask John Navas.
>

>>as much as many in here would like to claim it was, this
>>newsgroup is not moderated.
>

> Of course it's not, but I didn't come here to start wars.
>

>>you can post a link to phone for sale
>

> As the individual owner of that phone, sure. As a dealer? Sorry, no.
>

>>you're not going to get arrested or even banned.
>

> I can't get arrested, even for violating the stated policy of a
> newsgroup, and there's no way for an unmoderated newsgroup to ban
> someone.
>
> There is, however, common courtesy. If commercial advertising is
> frowned on here I just won't do it.

will you share the deal privately then? i respect your decision to abide
by the "rules", but would sure love to find this phone at a good price.

In <a5etp01ou0fvrs4pctlojq36j6nc5co98r@4ax.com> on Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:25:49
GMT, Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:

>(Can you hear me now, John? :) )

Did you switch to Verizon?!?!?!?!

LOL

In <u9etp0d27db19ojhqrpk3osl4t4v4i27ov@4ax.com> on Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:28:56
GMT, Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:

>There is, however, common courtesy. If commercial advertising is
>frowned on here I just won't do it.

Good for you!

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:04:31 GMT, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> said in alt.cellular.cingular:

>In <a5etp01ou0fvrs4pctlojq36j6nc5co98r@4ax.com> on Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:25:49
>GMT, Al Klein <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote:

>>(Can you hear me now, John? :) )

>Did you switch to Verizon?!?!?!?!

>LOL

The way they're going in the NYC market, I'm seriously considering
paying the ETF.

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 02:19:02 -0600, Cambie <user@example.net> said in
alt.cellular.cingular:

>will you share the deal privately then? i respect your decision to abide
>by the "rules", but would sure love to find this phone at a good price.

1) I don't know how John would feel about my doing that.

2) You won't get a good price without a plan, and I can only activate
in the NYC market, so you'd need a local address and you'd have to
accept a local number.