GPU potential mega deal...

Olim

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2005
Problem is I cant find the 7900 GS on Toms hardware so i'm a bit stuck with that. not sure if there are any other solid benchmarks out there??

jaQa

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
Hi,

This seems like a very good deal? am I correct?

It is!!
I've just ordered one myself yesterday.

It's in essence a GTX with slower memory, but the same 1.1ns RAM chips like on the original GTX are used.
Based on knowledge from a german hardware forum it should be no problem to clock the RAM @ 800Mhz. And even if you're very unlucky and don't get the RAM up to 800Mhz you still get a card that has a very quiet and efficient heatsink and beats any other 7900 series card except the GTX.

Christian

Hi,

This seems like a very good deal? am I correct?

It is!!
I've just ordered one myself yesterday.

It's in essence a GTX with slower memory, but the same 1.1ns RAM chips like on the original GTX are used.
Based on knowledge from a german hardware forum it should be no problem to clock the RAM @ 800Mhz. And even if you're very unlucky and don't get the RAM up to 800Mhz you still get a card that has a very quiet and efficient heatsink and beats any other 7900 series card except the GTX.

Christian

Ditto I'm doing the same thing, missed out on dabs who had it on at £165inc vat for first few days...

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
That's not the card he linked; the card he linked is the new 7900GTO. It's basically a 7900GTX with the memory clocked at a lower speed, while the core speed remains intact.

TRENDING THREADS