Sign in with
Your question

Ga-965P-DQ6 and X-Fi extrem music

Last response: in Motherboards
September 30, 2006 10:00:52 PM

I have problems with my X-Fi sound card on Ga-965P-DQ6 MBO.
Sometimes when i power up my pc and log into a Windows the sistem does not recognize my sound card (it saz unknow device) and i must restart Windows to get it work propertly.
CPU is Conroe 6600 and it is overclocked @ 3Ghz.
This is also hapening with my USB bluetooth adapter with sometimes is working and sometimes it doesnt.
This is not hapening when the CPU is not overclocked!
What is the problem???
Sorry for english...

More about : 965p dq6 extrem music

October 1, 2006 1:48:01 PM

Quote:
I have problems with my X-Fi sound card on Ga-965P-DQ6 MBO.
Sometimes when i power up my pc and log into a Windows the sistem does not recognize my sound card (it saz unknow device) and i must restart Windows to get it work propertly.
CPU is Conroe 6600 and it is overclocked @ 3Ghz.
This is also hapening with my USB bluetooth adapter with sometimes is working and sometimes it doesnt.
This is not hapening when the CPU is not overclocked!
What is the problem???
Sorry for english...

I had the same problem with my X-Fi sound card on the DS3 board. It was caused by the sound card conflicting with another device on another PCI channel.

You need to take out all of your other PCI and PCI-ex (not your video card obviously) cards and just leave the sound card in and boot windows normally. Windows should pick it up and install the drivers. After this you need to find out what IRQ channel your sound card is running on, reboot your comp and enter the BIOS and reserve that IRQ channel for you sound card (normally under PCI configuration).
October 1, 2006 4:35:26 PM

Thx m8, that helped me .
I reboot my comp 10 times and everithing works fine!
Thx again!
Related resources
November 11, 2006 1:22:37 AM

How did you find the X-Fi's IRQ? And then what setting in the bios do I use to reserve it... Shouldnt this be part of the Plug n Play part of the Bios?

ALLOT of people are having this problem... Ive seen it on many sites, and am experiancing it myself. I was hoping F8 would fix it, but I am waiting.

Sounds like Giga-byte has a bit of an issue with supporting Plug'n Play:) 

Mike
November 11, 2006 7:33:56 AM

The F8 BIOS for the DS3 will be fixing this issue.
November 11, 2006 4:35:50 PM

I have both hardware, my mobo came with the F5 bios, and i have run into this particular problem. But good to know, nice info.
!