slovenac

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2005
I have bought 2*512 Kingmax DDR2 ram on 800mhz.
They are working on 800mhz with 5-5-5-18 latencyes on 1.80 V.
I am wondering how much i can go down with latency and up with speed?
If some1 had some experience with these ram please share it with me.
I am a bad overclocker so pls some1 help me ...

slovenac

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2005
OK ill do that.
Part number is KLDC28F-A8KB5 and they are working in Dual Channel.
They are bought few days ago (28.09.2006)

Mondoman

Splendid
Looks like the memory you bought is not very commonly used by overclockers (unlike for example Corsair or OCZ), so you may not get any responses. Here are a few suggestions:
1) I couldn't easily find a spec sheet for the memory you bought. Was the RAM advertised as having 5-5-5-18 timing, or a faster timing? If a faster timing, you should be able to achieve that (although it may require a slight memory voltage boost above the standard 1.8V - Kingmax should be able to tell you the voltage used for their spec, either in a datasheet or from their tech support).
2) This is a good opportunity to learn about and experiment with overclocking yourself. Read through the FAQs and guides on the overclocking forums here, make small, incremental changes instead of big ones, and keep asking questions.

trixst4r

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
As far as I can see on Kingmax's data sheet, it's rated 1.7v - 1.9v. If you're running at 2.1v you might want to dial it down a notch.

You can run memtest to check for stability.

I agree on dialing it down, 2.0V would be acceptable but 2.1 is just a bit too high (not sure what is breakdown voltage though).

try dual prime on large fft to stress it out