How make client computer recognize it's on ICS with ad-hoc?

rprucker

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
Hi,

I am using Asus' Wi-Fi G At Home software ap adaptor and have established an ad-hoc connection with my laptop. I would like my desktop to be the ICS box, and have run network setup wizard on both of them. I can ping both computers, and see all shared documents between the two. The thing is, sometimes from the ICS client I can open my browser and a page loads, but only for the first page. After that, the connection keeps timing out, even though I can still open files in shared documents, etc.

Any thoughts on this? I am also using ZA Pro on both computers; the ICS gateway is configured as such with ZA and the ICS client is configured appropriately too.

Thanks a lot!

rprucker

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
Hubbardt,

Yes, I have definitely disabled Windows Firewall. see, the wierd thing about this is that I can sometimes load the google home page in my browser; sometimes I can only get this one page loaded. But other times I am able to browse to any link from a search performed in google, but only if it starts with www.google....

mail.google.com doesn't work, but www.google.com/mail does, and this happens even with zone alarm disabled on both computers! Do you have any suggestions?

thanks,
rprucker