Unable to overclock the x1900 All in wonder at ALL??!!?

oddalot

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Hello, I recently purchased a brand new x1900 all in wonder
it works fine on all accounts...but i have been unable to overclock
the card at ALL....i have tried using ati tool, rivatuner, powerstrip etc..etc...
I have read all the guides etc...it just won't EVER let me adjust the memory
or the clocks? Is there somthing elementary i am overlooking?
I have read all the guides and posts on various websites and forums
and have seen nothing....many sites have been able to overclock the card.....
ANY help would be appreciated...

oddalot

Canai

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
I'm having the same problem. ATT says that overclocking is disabled. I read that in the Catalyst Control Center there is an ATI Overdrive section, and when I first installed the card and drivers, (several updates ago) I remember seeing the option to enable overclocking the card, a checkbox or something, but now I can't find it for the life of me. I even went so far as to use the CAT uninstaller to completely clean my system of anything ATI and reinstall the original drivers that came with the card, but still no luck. I have a bunch of cooling supplies coming today so I'll be spending some more time messing with it.

RichPLS

Champion
You need no other software than the drivers for decent overclocking...
opent and set the ATI Cat control center and enable the advanced view to access the overdrive section to unlock overclocking options...

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
You need no other software than the drivers for decent overclocking...
opent and set the ATI Cat control center and enable the advanced view to access the overdrive section to unlock overclocking options...

RichPLS, those tools don't exist for the AIW cards. ATI has them disabled.

I am now on my third AIW card, currently an x1900, and they are all poor overclockers at best (they generate more heat, and usually have slower clocks). Thats said, I can get a modest overclock on my x1900 AIW using ATItools, but I decided it wasn't worth the extra hassle, and some games didn't like it.

Note though, that I did add an aftermarket fan to my AIW card to improve cooling and noise (the factory fan was pretty load on mine).

Canai

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
I installed the new Omega drivers and am now at a 601/590 OC and stable. I did have to increase the voltage a little and I am wondering how far I can take the voltage without any damage. Also what is a good way to stress the gpu to see what the max temp it will get to is?

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
I used to have a graphics stress testing porgram similar to prime95. Unfortunately, I can't find it on my PC anymore and don't remember what its called... Try searching google for one. It tested the whole system, but had a gpu section.

You can also try 3d mark and read the values from ati tools or another app.

rodpod

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Hello,
i cant help you but i need help.
i search the bios of the card : all in wonder x1900GT.
my card is "powercolor" .
someone have this bios and can he mail to me ?
thanks.