How to disconnect an Internet Connection?

Hello,

I need to disconnect my network connection (internet connection) at 7am.
I want only to disconnect the network and not the computer.
I am using internet by cable.
I am using Windows XP Professional.

How can I do this?
I was looking in windows help and also for some kind of application but
I wasn't able to find it.

Thank You,
Miguel
2 answers Last reply
More about disconnect internet connection

    "Miguel Dias Moura" <web001@27lamps.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to disconnect my network connection (internet connection) at 7am.
    > I want only to disconnect the network and not the computer.
    > I am using internet by cable.
    > I am using Windows XP Professional.
    >
    > How can I do this?
    > I was looking in windows help and also for some kind of application but I
    > wasn't able to find it.
    >
    > Thank You,
    > Miguel

    Are you using a router? If so, many routers, like the Linksys WRT54G, have
    the ability to allow the user to program internet access times for networked
    PCs based on IP or MAC. I don't know how to accomplish this task through
    only the Windows OS. I'd recommend using a NAT router anyway just for
    security purposes.

    In addition to the router solution, create a Scheduled Task to run IPCONFIG RELEASE <ADAPTER>.

    Open a command prompt window and enter IPCONFIG /? for the full command line options.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Miguel Dias Moura" <web001@27lamps.com> wrote in message news:%237ieTfwzEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to disconnect my network connection (internet connection) at 7am.
    > I want only to disconnect the network and not the computer.
    > I am using internet by cable.
    > I am using Windows XP Professional.
    >
    > How can I do this?
    > I was looking in windows help and also for some kind of application but
    > I wasn't able to find it.
    >
    > Thank You,
    > Miguel

Connection Internet Connection Windows XP