How to disconnect an Internet Connection?

Hello,

I need to disconnect my network connection (internet connection) at 7am.
I want only to disconnect the network and not the computer.
I am using internet by cable.
I am using Windows XP Professional.

How can I do this?
I was looking in windows help and also for some kind of application but
I wasn't able to find it.

Thank You,
Miguel

"Miguel Dias Moura" <web001@27lamps.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I need to disconnect my network connection (internet connection) at 7am.
> I want only to disconnect the network and not the computer.
> I am using internet by cable.
> I am using Windows XP Professional.
>
> How can I do this?
> I was looking in windows help and also for some kind of application but I
> wasn't able to find it.
>
> Thank You,
> Miguel

Are you using a router? If so, many routers, like the Linksys WRT54G, have
the ability to allow the user to program internet access times for networked
PCs based on IP or MAC. I don't know how to accomplish this task through
only the Windows OS. I'd recommend using a NAT router anyway just for
security purposes.

In addition to the router solution, create a Scheduled Task to run IPCONFIG RELEASE <ADAPTER>.

Open a command prompt window and enter IPCONFIG /? for the full command line options.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.