NFSU Random crashes to desktop - solution that worked for me

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 9, 2004 2:30:06 PM

Hi,

based on 5 minutes of googling i am not the only one experiencing
random crashes back to desktop with NFSU. Original game, no no-cd
cracks or anything like that. W2k SP4. Every time 2 entries in the
eventlog that couldn't be parsed:

For engines:

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
following information is part of the event: 7."

Temp OK, RAM OK, everything OK as far as i could tell. Tried reducing
RAM clocking, increasing voltage, updating drivers, updating BIOS.
Problem was still there. Same error message with and without internet
connectivity, always singleplayer mode.

Until i read somewhere that someone switched a joystick against a
steering wheel and the crashes disappeared.

I was using a Bullfrog SL-6540, turning off "vibration" helped for me.

Hopefully it might help someone else.
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 4:34:00 PM

> Until i read somewhere that someone switched a joystick against a
> steering wheel and the crashes disappeared.

Using twin CH usb joysticks here (left for throttle brake, right
for steer), and I have the random crash to desktop or reset.
!