PDA windows media player issue !

January 26, 2005 4:20:21 AM

Some how I instilled program or messed up a registry entry on my Dell
PPC PDA which resulted in windows Media player not opening. When I
start the player, I get a timer icon, then the program tries to start
up, I see garbage on the top bar line, and the load process aborts.
The program does not display any error message not can I can not find
a log of error messages.

I am unsure how to fix this issue, apart from hard reseting my PPC and
then trying to reload all of the data.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 4:20:22 AM

Since MP is in ROM, the only way to fix a corrupted executable is to backup
and do a hard reset.

Bobby

"David" <martindb@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:D 0hev094a70b6is4go3dbrge2e5hkmnkqi@4ax.com...
> Some how I instilled program or messed up a registry entry on my Dell
> PPC PDA which resulted in windows Media player not opening. When I
> start the player, I get a timer icon, then the program tries to start
> up, I see garbage on the top bar line, and the load process aborts.
> The program does not display any error message not can I can not find
> a log of error messages.
>
> I am unsure how to fix this issue, apart from hard reseting my PPC and
> then trying to reload all of the data.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks

January 26, 2005 4:20:22 AM

"David" <martindb@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:D 0hev094a70b6is4go3dbrge2e5hkmnkqi@4ax.com...
> Some how I instilled program or messed up a registry entry on my Dell
> PPC PDA which resulted in windows Media player not opening. When I
> start the player, I get a timer icon, then the program tries to start
> up, I see garbage on the top bar line, and the load process aborts.
> The program does not display any error message not can I can not find
> a log of error messages.
>
> I am unsure how to fix this issue, apart from hard reseting my PPC and
> then trying to reload all of the data.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks

You didn't say what version WMP.
If it's 8.5 or 9 (Windows 2002 or 2003) you get that kind of behavior if the
skins are messed up.

Verify that you have at least the "default.skn" in \program files\windows
media player\ and that you don't have any add-on skins that may be
defective.

If you just installed the new rom that comes with 10 (2003SE) that sounds
like what happens if you restore a backup. On www.aximsite.com there's a
discussion with the registry file you import to fix this.
January 26, 2005 10:19:12 PM

The version is 8.5 for PPC 2002 OS. Will check the skins.

Thanks

!