Hayes modem on port different from COM1

January 26, 2005 2:29:52 PM

Hello guys, when configuring a dialup is it possible to choose a COM port
different from COM 1 for Hayes compatible modem?
I use an iPaq with Pocket PC 2002.

Is this functionality present in recent version of Pocket PC?
Thanks
Fausto

More about : hayes modem port com1

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 8:24:52 PM

first question, how are you connecting the modem?

If it's a working com port, it should show up in the dun configuration
_with the modem in place if it's a card modem_ If the card is removed,
the selection will not be visible.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
February 18, 2005 1:17:21 PM

Hello, nobody replies?
Thanks

Fausto
"Fausto" <faustoditrani@tiscali.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hello guys, when configuring a dialup is it possible to choose a COM port
> different from COM 1 for Hayes compatible modem?
> I use an iPaq with Pocket PC 2002.
>
> Is this functionality present in recent version of Pocket PC?
> Thanks
> Fausto

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 5:33:39 PM

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:17:21 +0100, "Fausto"
<faustoditrani@tiscali.it> wrote:

>Hello, nobody replies?

My newsreader shows a reply from Beverly Howard about an hour after
you posted the original question.

>Thanks
>
>Fausto
>"Fausto" <faustoditrani@tiscali.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Hello guys, when configuring a dialup is it possible to choose a COM port
>> different from COM 1 for Hayes compatible modem?
>> I use an iPaq with Pocket PC 2002.
>>
>> Is this functionality present in recent version of Pocket PC?
>> Thanks
>> Fausto

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.