Abit VI7 Problems with GeForce 6600GT

Cerberus_SV

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Hello guys,i am posting this thread because i have a critical problem! Well,it all started when i put Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB on my motherboard.99% of all the games i have installed in my PC do not function well and the problems are:restart , colour flickering and graphics disfigurement.I think that anyone that read this thread so far,thinks that it is a problem of the graphics card as i thought in the begining myself,but it is not.I ve tested my Graphics card to another PC and works fine.So..it has to be my motherboard (at least thats what i think).Can anyone help me with this? I dont know what to do.
My system configuration is:
M/B: Abit VI7
RAM:768 MB at 266MHz (another problem that needs other discussion)
CPU:Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz
PSU:550W
I have the latest Graphics card and motherboard drivers installed on my PC and i also have the latest BIOS that exists for my motherboard.

Retroldschooler

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Hi Cerberus_SV,

Seems like you are experiencing the joys of AGP compatibility issues... My uncle experienced the same problem with his 6200 ; weird triangle issues, bad texturing, even the windows GUI had some corruption in it. Putting a good ol' GF4 4800 Ti was the trick for his Barton 2800. He had a VIA chipset, I Think you have this too VI7 is VIA right ?

Check if you can change the GART driver for a Retro one, since via offer it on their site... Or maybe check in the bios to force AGP4X and disable AGP features, this could prove to be worse but you cant get anything if you dont try.