• Core
  • SLI
  • Processors
  • Compatibility
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
October 1, 2006 1:33:52 PM

Hi,

I was just wondering... I have the basic i.e. non deluxe version of the P5N32 SLI from asus.. Any ideas if this motherboard will be compatible with the core 2 duo processors? I had a look at website but i can't find any info about processor compatibility in thier website... thier acutal specification says that they are core 2 duo ready but thats in thier most recent version i'd imagine..

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=227&mo...

any input would be appreciated :) 

More about : asus p5n32 sli compatibility core

October 1, 2006 2:37:12 PM

Quote:
Yes they are C2D ready. If it is one of the older boards then all you will need to do is a bios update.

Newegg shows they are compatible with Core 2 and Core 2 Extreme. If it works with C2E then it will work with C2D.

Nice one... thanks again for your help.. is it easy enough to do updates on the bios and is it safe to assume that the failure rate is quite low ?
October 2, 2006 1:05:57 PM

Quote:
Yes they are C2D ready. If it is one of the older boards then all you will need to do is a bios update.

Newegg shows they are compatible with Core 2 and Core 2 Extreme. If it works with C2E then it will work with C2D.

Sorry, I just noticed that my board is actually the: P5ND2! lol,

It doesn't say it supports core 2 duo but it says it supports bus speeds of 1066 MHz... does that make it compatible?

Thx
T
October 3, 2006 1:46:28 PM

Quote:
Well now we are talking a whole new ballgame. Though i bios update may alow you to run a C2D on this board... The C2D and the nforce 4 chipset don't work well together. That's why you don't see hardly any C2D boards using the nforce 4 SLI chipset.

Hi,

what do you mean by don't work well together?

Will it slow down the system?

T