Canon vs. Epson inks

DC

Canon uses (ip4000) dye (photo back) and pigment black.
What black does Epson use?

I am asking because I have some black ink for Epson Stylus Photo 1200 left and I
was think if I could use it to refill the Canon pigment black (3eBK cart).

zakezuke

> Canon uses (ip4000) dye (photo back) and pigment black.
> What black does Epson use?

> I am asking because I have some black ink for Epson Stylus Photo 1200 left
> and I was think if I could use it to refill the Canon pigment black (3eBK cart).

Perhaps not the best idea. Epsons are micro piezos and canons are
thermal bubblejets. To be honest I don't know what the effect would
be. But canons depend on the ink boiling right where the epsons
basicly squeeze and drip.

davy

Sounds like you are asking for clogs, Epson uses gravity and vibration
to get the ink on the paper, Canon has to boil it tp produce a bubble,
the air expands and ..POP.. the inks splashes on the paper, there's
just gotta be a difference in the ink in my view.

Just like oil I say, theres that many types and grade.

Davy