ink from PrintPal for Epson 870 good?

I have a 3 - 4 years old Epson 870 that I've not used in the last 2 years
or more. After reading so many problems about the clogging printer head
for this model, I don't want to spend big money on it. I bought a set of
cheap compatible inks from PrintPal so I can give Epson 870 a try. If it
does not work, I lose only ~$13 (instead of $40).

Surprise! surprise! My old Epson still works. Now I regret that I bought a
cheap ink for it. My relative told me that his printer got clogged after
using cheap inks. He mentioned that the ink smelled bad and this ink spell
bad before dried too. The colors look fine. I noticed it does not dry as
fast as Epson's. I can't touch the surface when a print comes out of the
printer or it get smeared. It may be thicker because it attracted hair to
it when the copy fell to the ground.

I wonder if I should use it up as fast as I can and switch back to Epson
or a better 3rd party ink source.

The brand is OA100 on th top of the box. It's probably PrintPal's own
brand.

Thanks for any suggestions!

cpliu

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

cpliu <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I have a 3 - 4 years old Epson 870 that I've not used in the last 2 years
>or more. After reading so many problems about the clogging printer head
>for this model, I don't want to spend big money on it. I bought a set of
>cheap compatible inks from PrintPal so I can give Epson 870 a try. If it
>does not work, I lose only ~$13 (instead of $40).
>
>Surprise! surprise! My old Epson still works. Now I regret that I bought a
>cheap ink for it. My relative told me that his printer got clogged after
>using cheap inks. He mentioned that the ink smelled bad and this ink spell
>bad before dried too. The colors look fine. I noticed it does not dry as
>fast as Epson's. I can't touch the surface when a print comes out of the
>printer or it get smeared. It may be thicker because it attracted hair to
>it when the copy fell to the ground.
>
>I wonder if I should use it up as fast as I can and switch back to Epson
>or a better 3rd party ink source.
>
>The brand is OA100 on th top of the box. It's probably PrintPal's own
>brand.
>
>Thanks for any suggestions!
>

>cpliu

Like everything there are good and bad brands of compatible inks. As a general
rule avoid universal inks, in my experience they almost never do the job well.
You need to look for a brand that is formulated for your printer and is from a
known name brand in your geographical location. The ink you have will not
damage the printhead but it appears that it does not produce good results, for
that reason I would be inclined to replace the cartridges with a good brand
compatible or at a higher cost from Epson.
Tony

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote:

>Tony wrote:
>
>>cpliu <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I have a 3 - 4 years old Epson 870 that I've not used in the last 2 years
>>>or more. After reading so many problems about the clogging printer head
>>>for this model, I don't want to spend big money on it. I bought a set of
>>>cheap compatible inks from PrintPal so I can give Epson 870 a try. If it
>>>does not work, I lose only ~$13 (instead of $40).
>>>
>>>Surprise! surprise! My old Epson still works. Now I regret that I bought a
>>>cheap ink for it. My relative told me that his printer got clogged after
>>>using cheap inks. He mentioned that the ink smelled bad and this ink spell
>>>bad before dried too. The colors look fine. I noticed it does not dry as
>>>fast as Epson's. I can't touch the surface when a print comes out of the
>>>printer or it get smeared. It may be thicker because it attracted hair to
>>>it when the copy fell to the ground.
>>>
>>>I wonder if I should use it up as fast as I can and switch back to Epson
>>>or a better 3rd party ink source.
>>>
>>>The brand is OA100 on th top of the box. It's probably PrintPal's own
>>>brand.
>>>
>>>Thanks for any suggestions!
>>>

>>>cpliu

You will note that measekite changed my post in a way that would show poor
mental acuity for an orangutan, and then he goes on to lie (how unusual!).

I do not sell generic inks in any shape or form to anybody under any
circumstances.

Most vendors do not sell generic inks in any shape or form to anybody under any
circumstances.

I have stated many times that I do not recommend generic inks, you should stay
with inks formulated for your printer. I have also recommended OEM inks on many
occasions but you should do the sums first, you will probably save much more
money by using compatibles than a replacement printer will cost even though
there is zero evidence that compatibles do any harm to printers - measekite has
never produced any evidence of this and he will continue to fail to do so
because it does not exist.

I know who formulates and manufactures all of the inks in all of the cartridges
I sell except ironically all of the OEM inks because "they do not disclose who
makes their ink" unlike many of the compatible manufacturers who are proud to
tell you who they buy their ink from. Measekite knows this to be true but
whenever it is pointed out to him he either ignores the facts or responds with
abuse. I do not "disclose" the manufacturer of the inks I sell....not at
all.....I proudly tell my customers without prompting who made the ink (or the
cartridge) because I know that the manufacturers I choose (with great care)
make the best ink available.
Tony

"cpliu" <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Surprise! surprise! My old Epson still works. Now I regret that I bought a
> cheap ink for it. My relative told me that his printer got clogged after
> using cheap inks. He mentioned that the ink smelled bad and this ink spell
> bad before dried too. The colors look fine. I noticed it does not dry as
> fast as Epson's. I can't touch the surface when a print comes out of the
> printer or it get smeared. It may be thicker because it attracted hair to
> it when the copy fell to the ground.

When you mistrust cheap ink, we have trouble
understanding why you prefer to run it through
your printer to get wet prints, rather than throwing
it away and supplying ink you believe works better.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote:

>AFTERMARKET INKS ARE GENERIC INKS IF THEY ARE NOT OEM*

Wrong
1. Because your sentence contradicts itself. Aftermarket inks cannot be OEM
inks by definition.
2. Because only a small number of aftermarket inks are generic, most are
formulated for the printer for which they are manufactured.
Why can't you understand this?

>*NO KILLFILE FOR TONY DA LYING TIGER EITHER*
I have never killfiled you and I have never said that I did. So who is lying?

Tony

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Tony wrote:
> measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote:
>

>>AFTERMARKET INKS ARE GENERIC INKS IF THEY ARE NOT OEM*
>

> Wrong
> 1. Because your sentence contradicts itself. Aftermarket inks cannot be OEM
> inks by definition.
> 2. Because only a small number of aftermarket inks are generic, most are
> formulated for the printer for which they are manufactured.
> Why can't you understand this?
>

>>*NO KILLFILE FOR TONY DA LYING TIGER EITHER*
>
> I have never killfiled you and I have never said that I did. So who is lying?
>
> Tony

Tony, you should never question measershit's lack of understanding,
comprehension or intelligence.
After all, he is a known idiot.
Frank

Frank wrote:

> Tony wrote:
>
>> measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote:
>>

>>> AFTERMARKET INKS ARE GENERIC INKS IF THEY ARE NOT OEM*
>>

>> Wrong
>> 1. Because your sentence contradicts itself. Aftermarket inks cannot
>> be OEM inks by definition.
>> 2. Because only a small number of aftermarket inks are generic, most
>> are formulated for the printer for which they are manufactured.
>> Why can't you understand this?
>>

>>> *NO KILLFILE FOR TONY DA LYING TIGER EITHER*
>>

>> I have never killfiled you and I have never said that I did. So who
>> is lying?
>>
>> Tony
>

> Tony, you should never question meaasekite's lack of understanding,
> comprehension or intelligence.
> After all, he is a known genius.
> Frank

THANKS FOR FINALLY RECOGNIZING THAT.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote:

>Tony wrote:
>
>>measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote:
>>

>>>AFTERMARKET INKS ARE GENERIC INKS IF THEY ARE NOT OEM*
>>>

>>Wrong
>>1. Because your sentence contradicts itself. Aftermarket inks cannot be OEM
>>inks by definition.
>>2. Because only a small number of aftermarket inks are generic, most are
>>formulated for the printer for which they are manufactured.
>>Why can't you understand this?

Are you going to answer the question?

<SNIP>
Tony

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Tony wrote:
> measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote:
>
>>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>>

>>Tony wrote:

>>>Wrong
>>>1. Because your sentence contradicts itself. Aftermarket inks cannot be OEM
>>>inks by definition.
>>>2. Because only a small number of aftermarket inks are generic, most are
>>>formulated for the printer for which they are manufactured.
>>>Why can't you understand this?
>

> Are you going to answer the question?
>
> <SNIP>
> Tony