Can't select messenger window, man does Win 7 do anything right?

dave_d

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2006
So I'm continuing on with Reinstall Windows 7. (Which I what I've started calling this product since I'm on my 5th reinstall and probably will get to a 6th.) Anyway so now I have a new issue this time with Live Messenger. I can double click on a contact and it theoretically creates a window so I can talk to them. The problem is that I can't make that new window be visible. If I hover my mouse over the icon in the task bar I can see that it really did create a window so I can talk to my contact but if I click on it nothing happens. (The window stays hidden.) So anybody else see this behavior with Live Messenger in Reinstall Win 7? Any idea how to get it so I can actually make that window, you know, visible and so I can actually type in the stupid thing?

dave_d

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2006
Ok that's annoying. What it's doing is instead of putting that window on my main monitor it put it on the secondary monitor. (My HDTV that I'm planning on using to play videos and such.) Why it initially put it there is beyond me. (Since I hadn't actually turned on that monitor until just now.)