Hmm, what do you think of this new PSU?

zrawas

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
Well of course it pulls enough power from the wall socket to seriously hurt your electric bill. Also, I couldn't see why anyone would need this much power for their rig. Plus, I would be surprised to see you being able to fit it in your case without modding it because this thing is going to be huge. Having more power is not always good and this is one of those cases. But if you really need this much power, then this looks like a good deal for the wattage (don't know how reliable it's going to be).

4745454b

Titan
I've never heard of Nanopoint, but Tagan is a good brand. Assuming newegg got the heading right, its made by solid people. Also remember that just plugging this into your wall isn't going to make your powerbill go up. That 1.1K figure is simply the highest amount of power it can provide, not the constant. There is a matter of efficiency to worry about however. If it is putting out only 400W of power, it might be less efficient then a 600W supply providing the same amount.

Synthetickiller

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
So what do you plan on using this PSU for anyways? Seems like a little overkill if you're running a typical computer set up. If you're running server hardware, say the H8DCE-O supermicro mobo, I could understand. It requires 645 watts minimum to run. Otherwise, Its probably not the best thing in the world to buy.

Are there any reviews of this PSU? How does it compare to the enermax galaxy?

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
It's ridiculously overpriced, equivalent to other $100 PSU but they threw another fan in- and low quality fans at that!

AlexIrvine

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Well, im planning on Quad Core w/ Crossfire and 4-6 hd's 2x cd dvd drives and am gonna put it all into a Armor case. Also I am adding a bunch of other minor stuff. I was origionally looking at the 700watt OCZ xstream buuuuut psu advertising saying i need 1k watt got the best of me. What do you guys recomend for me?

zrawas

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
I second what mpilchfamily said. If you're thinking about getting a 1100W PSU for a setup like Quad core and CF, then you're being paranoid about being underpowered. You don't need 4 12V rails with 20 Amps on them to run those components. 600-700 W should run those just fine. OCZ 700W should be the top line of the PSUs that you look at for your needs, and I would go with it myself because I would feel a bit future-proofed (altough a little overkill).

AlexIrvine

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Well your talk convinced me i dont need 1100 watts but 700watt OCZ is a safe buy correct? And who said anything about me buying a 30" monitor??? I just want better fps so I was gonna get a Ati 1900xt and cf edition. Or should i just get 1 x1950?