Cleaning Epson Printer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 29, 2005 2:42:17 AM

Where is the info about using Windex to clean the print head? I need to
know how to move the print head to reveal the pads. Thanx.

More about : cleaning epson printer

Anonymous
September 29, 2005 3:17:22 AM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:42:17 -0400, l e o <someone@somewhere.net>
wrote:

>Where is the info about using Windex to clean the print head?

Soak the clogged head into a dish with hot water and windex to clean
the clogged ink out. Usually works.

>I need to know how to move the print head to reveal the pads. Thanx.

That depends on the printer model you got. Mention them and someone
here could either help you or something. You could also try searching
for your model at fixyourownprinter.com and see if someone already
mentioned how to guide yet.
September 29, 2005 9:38:51 PM

Move the heads the same way you would do to replace the cartridges,
then pull the power lead out, after which the heads can be moved
freely by hand.

Davy
!