word

Hi everyone

I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an internet IT course and
my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word documents. He can only
accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of downloading word or excel
with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it. Or is it in the
system.

Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence the course).

Thanks
--
bob carolgees
22 answers Last reply

    For the best bang-for-your-buck, you could upgrade to the Works Suite, which
    contains a full version of Word, not the old version that comes with Works.
    Last I looked it was Word 2002, but I don't know that hasn't been upgraded
    to 2003 by now. Or you can just purchase Word 2003, which you qualify for
    an upgrade price for since you have Works.
    --
    Patty MacDuffie
    www.computerhaven.info

    "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an internet IT course
    > and
    > my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word documents. He can only
    > accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of downloading word or excel
    > with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it. Or is it in the
    > system.
    >
    > Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence the course).
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > bob carolgees

    Neither Microsoft Word or Excel is not available to download.

    1) Go to store/shop that sells computer software.

    2) Purchase either Microsoft Excel and Word or a Microsoft Office
    suite that contains them.

    3) Return home.

    4) Insert installation CD in PC's CD drive and follow the on-screen
    prompts and instructions to install application and desired additional
    features.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "d7" wrote:

    > Hi everyone
    >
    > I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an internet IT course and
    > my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word documents. He can only
    > accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of downloading word or excel
    > with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it. Or is it in the
    > system.
    >
    > Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence the course).
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > bob carolgees
    Ask the tutor if he will accept pdf documents. If yes, then download and
    install Win2PDF. It will insatall as a "printer" on your system. Open the
    document that you want to convert and Print using the Win2PDF "Printer"
    Forward the pdf to the tutor. http://www.win2pdf.com Its free. Other
    versions are priced.

    No, however go get the Students and Teachers version of Office.
    It cost about $160.00 anywhere.
    If your lucky you can get S&T Ver. of Office XP for $129.00 if you can still
    find it on the shelf.
    The XP version only allows you to install it on one machine though.
    The 2003 version allows you to install it on several machines ie. a notebook
    you take to class and a desktop you use at home etc.
    Which I guess justifies the additional price hike.

    "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an internet IT course
    and
    > my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word documents. He can only
    > accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of downloading word or excel
    > with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it. Or is it in the
    > system.
    >
    > Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence the course).
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > bob carolgees

    Some versions of Works will allow you to save as Word documents. Have you expanded
    the save as, files of type...?

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an internet IT course and
    > my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word documents. He can only
    > accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of downloading word or excel
    > with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it. Or is it in the
    > system.
    >
    > Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence the course).
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > bob carolgees

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/trial.mspx
    Ordering a trial Office 2003 CD would be another option as it allows you to
    use it for 30 days without payment.
    Perhaps you could get past this moron professor in that amount of time.
    Any Prof. that insists on Microsoft compatible file formats is a moron and
    anyone who disputes this would be a moron to.
    He or she should except Open Office, Works, Word, Word Perfect, text files
    etc. unless he/she is teaching a course specifically in Microsoft Word or
    Excel.
    I have no idea how long it takes for Microsoft to ship this CD as I've never
    ordered it.
    If all you need is Word and Excel I'd get the Students and Teachers version
    as you'll have to pay full price to activate this trial version once it
    expires.

    "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Some versions of Works will allow you to save as Word documents. Have you
    expanded
    > the save as, files of type...?
    >
    > --
    > Mary Sauer MS MVP
    > http://office.microsoft.com/
    > http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
    > "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi everyone
    > >
    > > I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an internet IT course
    and
    > > my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word documents. He can
    only
    > > accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of downloading word or
    excel
    > > with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it. Or is it in the
    > > system.
    > >
    > > Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence the course).
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > --
    > > bob carolgees

    I have Works and found in the word processor that going to File>Save as...
    has Word 6.0 and Word 97 in the list of "save as file type". Check to see
    if your version has this. If so, send a test document to your teacher to
    see if this in fact does the job.

    Malv

    In news:CFC964B9-4B2D-4016-901F-3243C38AE91C@microsoft.com,
    d7 <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an internet
    > IT
    > course and my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word
    > documents. He can only accept word or excel docs. Is there
    > any way
    > of downloading word or excel with existing Xp programs and if
    > so
    > where can i get it. Or is it in the system.

    Sorry, no. Neither Word nor Excel comes with Windows, and they
    are not legally available for download anywhere. If you need both
    Word and Excel, you'll need to buy a copy of Microsoft Office,
    which includes both. If you just need Word, the cheapest way to
    get it is to buy a copy of Microsoft Works Suite (note the word
    "suite"; regular Works doesn't come with Word).

    Alternatively, there are several other other packages which can
    produce .doc files--Word format files: for example WordPerfect
    Office, StarOffice, and the freeware OpenOffice. Since Open
    OpenOffice is free (google for it) why don't you try that first
    to see if it meets your needs. If not, try StarOffice next (I
    think that's around $20 or so).

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Bruce Chambers wrote:
    > Neither Microsoft Word or Excel is not available to download.

    <snip>

    So in other words, both *are* available for download?

    Save and turn your documents in the format your teacher
    wants. WORKS can do that by using the "save as" command to
    save a copy of the file in the .doc or .xls format. WORKS
    does not support all the formatting or functions of the
    OFFICE suite. If you want OFFICE compatibility and power,
    try OPEN OFFICE free
    from www.openoffice.org

    "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Hi everyone
    |
    | I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an
    internet IT course and
    | my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word
    documents. He can only
    | accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of
    downloading word or excel
    | with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it.
    Or is it in the
    | system.
    |
    | Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence
    the course).

    | Thanks
    | --
    | bob carolgees

    Hi

    If you have to use either MS Word or MS Excel, you will need to purchase
    them:

    http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/howtobuy/default.mspx

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an internet IT course
    > and
    > my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word documents. He can only
    > accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of downloading word or excel
    > with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it. Or is it in the
    > system.
    >
    > Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence the course).
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > bob carolgees

    Microsoft Word is no different than any other program, if you want it you
    have to buy it. You cannot legally get Word for free.

    "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Hi everyone

    I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an internet IT course and
    my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word documents. He can only
    accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of downloading word or excel
    with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it. Or is it in the
    system.

    Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence the course).

    Thanks
    --
    bob carolgees

    Uhhh, HE'S a moron?

    "Bernie" <simmons@classicnet.net> wrote in message
    | http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/trial.mspx
    | Ordering a trial Office 2003 CD would be another option as it
    allows you to
    | use it for 30 days without payment.

    Have you ever used that?

    | Perhaps you could get past this moron professor in that amount
    of time.
    | Any Prof. that insists on Microsoft compatible file formats is
    a moron and
    | anyone who disputes this would be a moron to.

    Really? He's teaching a Word class, and he should accept .txt
    files? Or .rtf? Or .mac? Or ... ?
    You said: "anyone who disputes this would be a moron to". Would
    be a moron to what? Kind of an idiotic statement, IMO.

    | He or she should except Open Office, Works, Word, Word Perfect,
    text files
    | etc. unless he/she is teaching a course specifically in
    Microsoft Word or
    | Excel.

    Well, make up your mind: You seem so positive, you must know
    whether it's specifically MS Word or ...? Do you know what their
    assignments consists of? Of course you don't, so you can't
    answer that. Moron.

    | I have no idea how long it takes for Microsoft to ship this CD
    as I've never
    | ordered it.

    So? What does that do to the price of tea?

    | If all you need is Word and Excel I'd get the Students and
    Teachers version

    Word AND Excel? Why? The OP said Word OR Excel.

    | as you'll have to pay full price to activate this trial version
    once it
    | expires.

    He will "have to pay full price to activate this trial version "?
    I don't THINK so! All it does is quit: There is no
    requirementto pay for it if you don't want it.

    Youse needs ta git sum more larnin' cause youse all sounds like a
    maroon ta mee.

    Pop

    | "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
    | > Some versions of Works will allow you to save as Word
    documents. Have you
    | expanded
    | > the save as, files of type...?
    | >
    | > --
    | > Mary Sauer MS MVP
    | > http://office.microsoft.com/
    | > http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
    | > "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > > Hi everyone
    | > >
    | > > I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an
    internet IT course
    | and
    | > > my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word
    documents. He can
    | only
    | > > accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of downloading
    word or
    | excel
    | > > with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it. Or
    is it in the
    | > > system.
    | > >
    | > > Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence
    the course).

    | > > Thanks
    | > > --
    | > > bob carolgees

    I suspect, since he's saying Word OR Excel, that they must be
    working with tables and functions. Does Open Office handle those
    reliably?

    Also, for the uninitiated, Open Office, though it's purported to
    be a great app, is also a HUGE app to download, especially on a
    dialup.

    Regars,

    Pop

    "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in
    message news:%23ok7Aw0zEHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    | Save and turn your documents in the format your teacher
    | wants. WORKS can do that by using the "save as" command to
    | save a copy of the file in the .doc or .xls format. WORKS
    | does not support all the formatting or functions of the
    | OFFICE suite. If you want OFFICE compatibility and power,
    | try OPEN OFFICE free
    | from www.openoffice.org
    |

    | --
    | The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    | But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    |

    | "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    || Hi everyone
    || I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an
    | internet IT course and
    || my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word
    | documents. He can only
    || accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of
    | downloading word or excel
    || with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it.
    | Or is it in the
    || system.
    || Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence
    | the course).
    || Thanks
    || --
    || bob carolgees

    I am not dead sure but Open Office may be able save in a format that Word can
    read - as Open Office reads all Word and Excel docs - try it and see as it is
    free. Alternatively you can probably buy one of the non-latest versions of MS
    Office on ebay for very little.

    Also check if you use Word at work - if you do MS lets you have a copy for use
    at home (still?)

    As a last resort you could buy a students copy of office,

    David

    Pop wrote:
    > I suspect, since he's saying Word OR Excel, that they must be
    > working with tables and functions. Does Open Office handle those
    > reliably?
    >
    > Also, for the uninitiated, Open Office, though it's purported to
    > be a great app, is also a HUGE app to download, especially on a
    > dialup.
    >
    > Regars,
    >
    > Pop
    >

    > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in
    > message news:%23ok7Aw0zEHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > | Save and turn your documents in the format your teacher
    > | wants. WORKS can do that by using the "save as" command to
    > | save a copy of the file in the .doc or .xls format. WORKS
    > | does not support all the formatting or functions of the
    > | OFFICE suite. If you want OFFICE compatibility and power,
    > | try OPEN OFFICE free
    > | from www.openoffice.org
    > |

    > | --
    > | The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    > | But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    > |

    > | "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > || Hi everyone
    > || I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an
    > | internet IT course and
    > || my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word
    > | documents. He can only
    > || accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of
    > | downloading word or excel
    > || with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it.
    > | Or is it in the
    > || system.
    > || Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence
    > | the course).
    > || Thanks
    > || --
    > || bob carolgees

    Open Office handles tables and functions just fine. Also, though you're
    correct that Open Office is a large (~50mb) download, it's available on
    CD at nominal cost from the Open Office website. It's also available
    very cheap on eBay: http://tinyurl.com/5awup

    Your the moron.
    You've systematically taken every sentence I wrote out of context and
    responded to each individually without taking any of the other sentences
    into consideration.
    No I've never used the trial version, however if you need it beyond the
    expiration period you have to pay for it. Any reasonable idiot, such as
    yourself, could also conclude that if you don't want to purchase it that's
    OK, it'll just stop working.
    Not once did the original poster say he's taking a course in Word. He said
    he's taking an Internet IT Tech course and the Prof. demands homework in one
    specific format.
    Microsoft has a lock on the software most institutions of higher education
    use and it's moronic to insist that poor college students have to purchase
    and use Office.
    In one recent class I took, not only did we have to purchase Office we were
    also required to purchase over a $1000.00 worth of fonts that did not come
    with Office if the assignments were to be done correctly.
    So I'm speaking as someone who has recently been through the wringer on this
    and came out the other side pretty damned pissed. Whenever I work on a
    computer these days and someone asks me about Office software I will always
    recommend Open Office and I'll even give them a CD-R with Sun Java and Open
    Office on it.
    Pop's, you wouldn't happen to be one of those moron college Prof.'s who's
    brain has been purchased and programmed by Microsoft would you? My Unix and
    Linux Prof.'s warned me about guys like you.

    "Pop" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > Uhhh, HE'S a moron?
    >
    > "Bernie" <simmons@classicnet.net> wrote in message
    > | http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/trial.mspx
    > | Ordering a trial Office 2003 CD would be another option as it
    > allows you to
    > | use it for 30 days without payment.
    >
    > Have you ever used that?
    >
    > | Perhaps you could get past this moron professor in that amount
    > of time.
    > | Any Prof. that insists on Microsoft compatible file formats is
    > a moron and
    > | anyone who disputes this would be a moron to.
    >
    > Really? He's teaching a Word class, and he should accept .txt
    > files? Or .rtf? Or .mac? Or ... ?
    > You said: "anyone who disputes this would be a moron to". Would
    > be a moron to what? Kind of an idiotic statement, IMO.
    >
    > | He or she should except Open Office, Works, Word, Word Perfect,
    > text files
    > | etc. unless he/she is teaching a course specifically in
    > Microsoft Word or
    > | Excel.
    >
    > Well, make up your mind: You seem so positive, you must know
    > whether it's specifically MS Word or ...? Do you know what their
    > assignments consists of? Of course you don't, so you can't
    > answer that. Moron.
    >
    > | I have no idea how long it takes for Microsoft to ship this CD
    > as I've never
    > | ordered it.
    >
    > So? What does that do to the price of tea?
    >
    > | If all you need is Word and Excel I'd get the Students and
    > Teachers version
    >
    > Word AND Excel? Why? The OP said Word OR Excel.
    >

    > | as you'll have to pay full price to activate this trial version
    > once it
    > | expires.
    >
    > He will "have to pay full price to activate this trial version "?
    > I don't THINK so! All it does is quit: There is no
    > requirementto pay for it if you don't want it.
    >
    > Youse needs ta git sum more larnin' cause youse all sounds like a
    > maroon ta mee.
    >

    > Pop
    >

    > | "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
    > | > Some versions of Works will allow you to save as Word
    > documents. Have you
    > | expanded
    > | > the save as, files of type...?
    > | >
    > | > --
    > | > Mary Sauer MS MVP
    > | > http://office.microsoft.com/
    > | > http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
    > | > "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > internet IT course
    > | and
    > documents. He can
    > | only
    > word or
    > | excel
    > is it in the

    > the course).

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    Sounds more like the college is acting like a jerk. Any
    college professor should be able to work around any
    application. Fonts, who cares about fonts in a college.
    You can write your own and there are a ton of free fonts.

    | Your the moron.
    | You've systematically taken every sentence I wrote out of
    context and
    | responded to each individually without taking any of the
    other sentences
    | into consideration.
    | No I've never used the trial version, however if you need
    it beyond the
    | expiration period you have to pay for it. Any reasonable
    idiot, such as
    | yourself, could also conclude that if you don't want to
    purchase it that's
    | OK, it'll just stop working.
    | Not once did the original poster say he's taking a course
    in Word. He said
    | he's taking an Internet IT Tech course and the Prof.
    demands homework in one
    | specific format.
    | Microsoft has a lock on the software most institutions of
    higher education
    | use and it's moronic to insist that poor college students
    have to purchase
    | and use Office.
    | In one recent class I took, not only did we have to
    purchase Office we were
    | also required to purchase over a $1000.00 worth of fonts
    that did not come
    | with Office if the assignments were to be done correctly.
    | So I'm speaking as someone who has recently been through
    the wringer on this
    | and came out the other side pretty damned pissed.
    Whenever I work on a
    | computer these days and someone asks me about Office
    software I will always
    | recommend Open Office and I'll even give them a CD-R with
    Sun Java and Open
    | Office on it.
    | Pop's, you wouldn't happen to be one of those moron
    college Prof.'s who's
    | brain has been purchased and programmed by Microsoft would
    you? My Unix and
    | Linux Prof.'s warned me about guys like you.
    |
    | "Pop" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    | > Uhhh, HE'S a moron?
    | >
    | > "Bernie" <simmons@classicnet.net> wrote in message
    | > |
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/trial.mspx
    | > | Ordering a trial Office 2003 CD would be another
    option as it
    | > allows you to
    | > | use it for 30 days without payment.
    | >
    | > Have you ever used that?
    | >
    | > | Perhaps you could get past this moron professor in
    that amount
    | > of time.
    | > | Any Prof. that insists on Microsoft compatible file
    formats is
    | > a moron and
    | > | anyone who disputes this would be a moron to.
    | >
    | > Really? He's teaching a Word class, and he should
    accept .txt
    | > files? Or .rtf? Or .mac? Or ... ?
    | > You said: "anyone who disputes this would be a moron
    to". Would
    | > be a moron to what? Kind of an idiotic statement, IMO.
    | >
    | > | He or she should except Open Office, Works, Word, Word
    Perfect,
    | > text files
    | > | etc. unless he/she is teaching a course specifically
    in
    | > Microsoft Word or
    | > | Excel.
    | >
    | > Well, make up your mind: You seem so positive, you must
    know
    | > whether it's specifically MS Word or ...? Do you know
    what their
    | > assignments consists of? Of course you don't, so you
    can't
    | > answer that. Moron.
    | >
    | > | I have no idea how long it takes for Microsoft to ship
    this CD
    | > as I've never
    | > | ordered it.
    | >
    | > So? What does that do to the price of tea?
    | >
    | > | If all you need is Word and Excel I'd get the Students
    and
    | > Teachers version
    | >
    | > Word AND Excel? Why? The OP said Word OR Excel.
    | >

    | > | as you'll have to pay full price to activate this
    trial version
    | > once it
    | > | expires.
    | >
    | > He will "have to pay full price to activate this trial
    version "?
    | > I don't THINK so! All it does is quit: There is no
    | > requirementto pay for it if you don't want it.
    | >
    | > Youse needs ta git sum more larnin' cause youse all
    sounds like a
    | > maroon ta mee.
    | >

    | > Pop

    | > |
    | > | "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in
    message
    Word
    | > documents. Have you
    | > | expanded

    | > internet IT course
    | > | and
    | > documents. He can
    | > | only
    | > word or
    | > | excel
    | > is it in the

    knowledge hence
    | > the course).

    | > |
    | > |

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    It may be a huge download, but for only a few dollars you can buy a PC
    mag with a CD that has Open Office on it - or borrow a copy from the
    library if you are short of cash

    David

    Pop wrote:

    > I suspect, since he's saying Word OR Excel, that they must be
    > working with tables and functions. Does Open Office handle those
    > reliably?
    >
    > Also, for the uninitiated, Open Office, though it's purported to
    > be a great app, is also a HUGE app to download, especially on a
    > dialup.

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    David <david1133@REMOVE-TO-REPLYoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:<41A11F01.697606B9@REMOVE-TO-REPLYoptusnet.com.au>...
    > It may be a huge download, but for only a few dollars you can buy a PC
    > mag with a CD that has Open Office on it - or borrow a copy from the
    > library if you are short of cash
    >
    > David
    >
    > Pop wrote:
    >
    > > I suspect, since he's saying Word OR Excel, that they must be
    > > working with tables and functions. Does Open Office handle those
    > > reliably?
    > >
    > > Also, for the uninitiated, Open Office, though it's purported to
    > > be a great app, is also a HUGE app to download, especially on a
    > > dialup.

    Hello, The free version of OpenOffice v1.1.3 cd can be ordered for the
    cost of shipping from any of the alt. software org.sources. I ordered
    one from StormanNorman.com. It was a 146mb installation. Since I
    downloaded the SP3 MS Office2000 update had several problems one that
    to date has not been resolved.
    OpenOffice has file extensions but you can set the program to use MS
    Office file extensions, if you share files, plan to use both programs
    or remove OpenOffice this allows the files to be read by MS Office.
    I have arrived at the point that I am installing backup applications
    for everything.
    Take Care.
    beamish.
  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    Hi Bernie

    Yep, you really got screwed over by that lecturer - no lecturer worth his/her
    salt would dream of insisting students spend that sort of money for fonts - no
    wonder piracy flourishes. Hope you and the other students protested to the Uni
    admin - that teacher needs a kick in the butt for sure.

    I lectured for some years at Uni, but like most of my colleages was very much
    aware of how 'poor' most of our students were in terms of what they could spend
    on texts etc, and always took price into consideration when choosing essential
    texts etc - and made sure the Uni library stocked the texts for those students
    who were really struggling financially.

    David

    Bernie wrote:

    > In one recent class I took, not only did we have to purchase Office we were
    > also required to purchase over a $1000.00 worth of fonts that did not come
    > with Office if the assignments were to be done correctly.
    > So I'm speaking as someone who has recently been through the wringer on this
    > and came out the other side pretty damned pissed.
  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    Or buy OPEN OFFICE for $12 or get it free at Openoffice.org and save the
    documents as a word file or excel file and save a whole bunch of Money!
    Ya!
    > Neither Microsoft Word or Excel is not available to download.
    >
    > 1) Go to store/shop that sells computer software.
    >
    > 2) Purchase either Microsoft Excel and Word or a Microsoft Office suite
    > that contains them.
    >
    > 3) Return home.
    >
    > 4) Insert installation CD in PC's CD drive and follow the on-screen
    > prompts and instructions to install application and desired additional
    > features.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > both at once. - RAH
    >
    > "d7" <d7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi everyone
    >>
    >> I need some advice or help. I am currently doing an internet IT course
    >> and
    >> my tutor said he cannot accept any more Works Word documents. He can
    >> only
    >> accept word or excel docs. Is there any way of downloading word or excel
    >> with existing Xp programs and if so where can i get it. Or is it in the
    >> system.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated (I have limited user knowledge hence the course).
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> --
    >> bob carolgees

Excel Windows XP