Sign in with
Your question

Computer issues

Last response: in Windows 7
June 1, 2011 4:50:42 AM

Hello, recently ive been having a few problems with my PC that i built myself.

My current setup is,
Asus p8p67 evo mobo
Intel core i-7 2600 (non k)
G.Skill ripjawX 4x 2gb sticks
powercolor 6870 crossfire
Corsair HX 750w psu
OCZ agility 3 120gb ssd and a WD black for my games and what not

My first problem arose after i exited a game from steam, it didnt happen all the time but id say 90% of the time, i would exit the game and my cpu would drop back down to idle at idle speed, but after about 20 seconds or so, it would rise back to about 20% cpu uutaliazation and its clock speed at 3.4ghz, although nothing was running, it would also make my pc very laggy, i check my procsesses and i couldnt see anything running. Ive also reformatted my drive and the problem is still there, I know a bit about computers but this problem has me stumped. Im thinking about formatting my drive again and starting completly fresh this time and not using any of the files i have already downloaded.

Also im not really sure what sata 6gb/s port to use my ocz agility on. I had it using the marvell controller at 1st, but then i thought that the intel would be better, so i swapped it around today, but now sometimes my system will just hang and be not responsive, Im using AHCI mode... Should i reformat to get it working correctly with the intel controller, any suggestions?

Thanks for your time

More about : computer issues

June 1, 2011 12:09:52 PM

I've no input for your SSD issue, but for Steam check the Processes tab in your Task Manager. It might indicate what's running and causing that issue.
m
l
a c 371 $ Windows 7
June 1, 2011 2:28:44 PM

Does the CPU stay at 20% or does it drop down after a little bit? Disable or uninstall your anti-virus just to test things, see if that stops it. About the drive, just put it back to the port you had it on.
m
l
June 2, 2011 1:44:00 AM

Ive checked the processes tab and there is nothing running that would be that cpu demanding.

It stays there for quite a while, i normally just restart, i should probably let it go and see how long it does this actually, and i will try the anti virus idea, thanks!
m
l
!