Sign in with
Your question

Please help with Asus p5w dh

Last response: in Overclocking
October 2, 2006 2:28:07 AM

Hi, just finished my first build using Asus p5w dh, and everything went well except for 2 small problems:

1) I have 3 sata hard drives all inserted into the 3 ICH7R SATA connectors (none in RAID), and all 3 are detected in the bios and device manager, but when I go to "My Computer", I only see 1. How do I detect and use these drives?

2) My internet does not work - the lights on the back are on and blinking, but I get no IP address even if I repair. The internet service is fine because the same ethernet cable works fine in my laptop. The drivers are updated, but is there something else I am missing?

Thanks ahead of time - ironing out these minor frustrations would make things much better!

More about : asus p5w

October 3, 2006 3:57:26 PM

Quote:
Hi, just finished my first build using Asus p5w dh, and everything went well except for 2 small problems:

1) I have 3 sata hard drives all inserted into the 3 ICH7R SATA connectors (none in RAID), and all 3 are detected in the bios and device manager, but when I go to "My Computer", I only see 1. How do I detect and use these drives?

you may need to install drivers.. check the CD that came with your motherboard and install all drivers.

Quote:

2) My internet does not work - the lights on the back are on and blinking, but I get no IP address even if I repair. The internet service is fine because the same ethernet cable works fine in my laptop. The drivers are updated, but is there something else I am missing?

My isp has the MAC address of my network card registered to their servers. you may need to register the MAC address of your NIC as well.

I hope this helps
!