MS Access for Pocket PC

January 26, 2005 2:23:36 PM

How do I run Access databases on the pocket PC. I did the "Import Database
Tables" in Activesync but I get the error "there is no application
associated with this database". I have a new version of Access 2003 for hte
PC but I dont see the Pocket PC version on it and can't finds it anywhere.
Thanks in advance.

More about : access pocket

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 2:23:37 PM

Steve,

There is no MS Access version on Pocket PCs. You will have to use a 3rd
party database application. There are several out there, just Google for
"Pocket PC Database Applications"

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"Steve Hoey" <Steve@kdf-comp.com> wrote in message
> How do I run Access databases on the pocket PC. I did the "Import Database
> Tables" in Activesync but I get the error "there is no application
> associated with this database". I have a new version of Access 2003 for
> hte PC but I dont see the Pocket PC version on it and can't finds it
> anywhere. Thanks in advance.

January 26, 2005 7:21:30 PM

Steve Hoey wrote:
> How do I run Access databases on the pocket PC. I did the "Import
> Database Tables" in Activesync but I get the error "there is no
> application associated with this database". I have a new version of
> Access 2003 for hte PC but I dont see the Pocket PC version on it and
> can't finds it anywhere.

That's because there is none. Use a third party
application.http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3300
January 26, 2005 8:15:22 PM

MS Did not create a version of Access for the PPC in the same manner as
they did for Word & Excel. Active Sync merely takes a *.mdb file and
creates a PPC-friendly (read: file size) version on the PDA. To acceess
the data, it is neccessary to buy and install 3rd party software. I
personally use SPRING DB PRO and highly recommend it.

David H
Come on baby lite my fire: www.spreadfirefox.com

Steve Hoey wrote:
> How do I run Access databases on the pocket PC. I did the "Import Database
> Tables" in Activesync but I get the error "there is no application
> associated with this database". I have a new version of Access 2003 for hte
> PC but I dont see the Pocket PC version on it and can't finds it anywhere.
> Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 8:16:03 PM

Rene - Are you psychic? You posted a reply 2 minutes before the original
message was posted.

René wrote:
> Steve Hoey wrote:
>
>>How do I run Access databases on the pocket PC. I did the "Import
>>Database Tables" in Activesync but I get the error "there is no
>>application associated with this database". I have a new version of
>>Access 2003 for hte PC but I dont see the Pocket PC version on it and
>>can't finds it anywhere.
>

> That's because there is none. Use a third party
> application.http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3300

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 8:29:16 PM

"David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Rene - Are you psychic? You posted a reply 2 minutes before the original
> message was posted.

<Nerd Check>

Maybe Rene is a Seldon pupil of Psychohistory and did indeed post that
message as a reply before the other was sent...

</Nerd Check>

:)
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:07:38 PM

So would she have heartburn before actually eating 5-Alarm Texas Chilli
on SuperBowl Sunday?

xTenn wrote:
> "David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote in message
>
>>Rene - Are you psychic? You posted a reply 2 minutes before the original
>>message was posted.
>>

> <Nerd Check>
>
> Maybe Rene is a Seldon pupil of Psychohistory and did indeed post that
> message as a reply before the other was sent...
>
> </Nerd Check>
>
> :)

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:39:53 PM

Reply to message from "David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> (Wed,
26 Jan 2005 20:07:38) about ""Re: MS Access for Pocket PC"":

> So would she have heartburn before actually eating 5-Alarm Texas Chilli
> on SuperBowl Sunday?

Alas, if the networks had such abilities in regard to Superbowl broadcasts
I could still listen to the radio without all the bleeps...
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 7:09:40 AM

Of course, how stupid of me. And right before any wardrobe malfunctions,
the director would be cutting to a long shot from the Blimp.

David
Come on baby lite my fire: www.spreadfirefox.com
The thunder you just heard was this email being sent:

xTenn wrote:
> Reply to message from "David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> (Wed,
> 26 Jan 2005 20:07:38) about ""Re: MS Access for Pocket PC"":
>
> > So would she have heartburn before actually eating 5-Alarm Texas Chilli
> > on SuperBowl Sunday?
>
> Alas, if the networks had such abilities in regard to Superbowl broadcasts
> I could still listen to the radio without all the bleeps...
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 5:32:52 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:07:38 -0500, "David C. Holley"
<DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote:

>So would she have heartburn before actually eating 5-Alarm Texas Chilli
>on SuperBowl Sunday?
Yes, especially if they are an Eagles fan after seeing their
team crushed by New England Patriots.

Pats 49
Eagles 0
January 27, 2005 8:34:16 PM

David C. Holley wrote:
> Of course, how stupid of me. And right before any wardrobe malfunctions,
> the director would be cutting to a long shot from the Blimp.

And a good thing too, cause the sight of my naked, hairy ass on national
TV would be worse than Janet's brown plastic tittie.

René, male, (as opposed to Renèe).
I just have a really fast computer :-)
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 11:07:32 PM

I DID NOT need that image in my head - thank you very much.

René wrote:
> David C. Holley wrote:
>
>>Of course, how stupid of me. And right before any wardrobe malfunctions,
>>the director would be cutting to a long shot from the Blimp.
>

> And a good thing too, cause the sight of my naked, hairy ass on national
> TV would be worse than Janet's brown plastic tittie.
>
> René, male, (as opposed to Renèe).
> I just have a really fast computer :-)

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 8:31:01 PM

Steve,

Check out DBAnywhere. (www.handango.com/dbanywhere). It's a darn fine
little application and very inexpensive. ($23.95). I found a small bug in
it after I bought it and the author had a hot-fix to me the next morning.

-bruce

"Steve Hoey" <Steve@kdf-comp.com> wrote in message
> How do I run Access databases on the pocket PC. I did the "Import Database
> Tables" in Activesync but I get the error "there is no application
> associated with this database". I have a new version of Access 2003 for
> hte PC but I dont see the Pocket PC version on it and can't finds it
> anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 10:15:25 PM

DBAnywhere is good, however Sprint DB Pro blows it away.

Bruce Roeser wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Check out DBAnywhere. (www.handango.com/dbanywhere). It's a darn fine
> little application and very inexpensive. ($23.95). I found a small bug in
> it after I bought it and the author had a hot-fix to me the next morning.
>
> -bruce
>
> "Steve Hoey" <Steve@kdf-comp.com> wrote in message
>
>>How do I run Access databases on the pocket PC. I did the "Import Database
>>Tables" in Activesync but I get the error "there is no application
>>associated with this database". I have a new version of Access 2003 for
>>hte PC but I dont see the Pocket PC version on it and can't finds it
>>anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 11:51:48 PM

In article <#FucleZBFHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
DavidCHolley@netscape.net says...
> Bruce Roeser wrote:
> > "Steve Hoey" <Steve@kdf-comp.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>How do I run Access databases on the pocket PC. I did the "Import Database
> >>Tables" in Activesync but I get the error "there is no application
> >>associated with this database". I have a new version of Access 2003 for
> >>hte PC but I dont see the Pocket PC version on it and can't finds it
> >>anywhere. Thanks in advance.

> > Steve,
> >
> > Check out DBAnywhere. (www.handango.com/dbanywhere). It's a darn fine
> > little application and very inexpensive. ($23.95). I found a small bug in
> > it after I bought it and the author had a hot-fix to me the next morning.

> DBAnywhere is good, however Sprint DB Pro blows it away.

....as long as you don't mind learning how to write SQL queries.

If you're more of a GUI user you could try HanDBase.

Fortunately all these apps have demos so give each a go and see what
suits.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 2:03:58 PM

David,

Hmm ... yeah, looks pretty sophisticated all right. If I used it heavily
and needed the features I might switch - but I'm not using the capabilities
of DBAnywhere yet - so I guess I'll stay put.

Thanks!

-bruce

> DBAnywhere is good, however Sprint DB Pro blows it away.
>
> Bruce Roeser wrote:
>> Steve,
>>
>> Check out DBAnywhere. (www.handango.com/dbanywhere). It's a darn fine
>> little application and very inexpensive. ($23.95). I found a small bug
>> in it after I bought it and the author had a hot-fix to me the next
>> morning.
>>
>> -bruce
>>
>> "Steve Hoey" <Steve@kdf-comp.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>How do I run Access databases on the pocket PC. I did the "Import
>>>Database Tables" in Activesync but I get the error "there is no
>>>application associated with this database". I have a new version of
>>>Access 2003 for hte PC but I dont see the Pocket PC version on it and
>>>can't finds it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 3:07:01 PM

I made the mistake of going with DBA before finding Spring DB Pro and
then quite sometime rebuilding the forms that I started out with.

David H

Bruce Roeser wrote:
> David,
>
> Hmm ... yeah, looks pretty sophisticated all right. If I used it heavily
> and needed the features I might switch - but I'm not using the capabilities
> of DBAnywhere yet - so I guess I'll stay put.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -bruce
>
> "David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote in message
>
>>DBAnywhere is good, however Sprint DB Pro blows it away.
>>
>>Bruce Roeser wrote:
>>
>>>Steve,
>>>
>>>Check out DBAnywhere. (www.handango.com/dbanywhere). It's a darn fine
>>>little application and very inexpensive. ($23.95). I found a small bug
>>>in it after I bought it and the author had a hot-fix to me the next
>>>morning.
>>>
>>>-bruce
>>>
>>>"Steve Hoey" <Steve@kdf-comp.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 8:36:34 AM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:07:01 -0500, "David C. Holley"
<DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote:

>I made the mistake of going with DBA before finding Spring DB Pro and
>then quite sometime rebuilding the forms that I started out with.
>
>David H
>
>Bruce Roeser wrote:
>> David,
>>
>> Hmm ... yeah, looks pretty sophisticated all right. If I used it heavily
>> and needed the features I might switch - but I'm not using the capabilities
>> of DBAnywhere yet - so I guess I'll stay put.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -bruce
>>
>> "David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>DBAnywhere is good, however Sprint DB Pro blows it away.

I recently came across Grandasoft XS Forms (The PPC app) and
XS Designer (The PC app) which will sync and run Access databases.
Seems to work ok so far. Check out the forums at www.grandasoft.com.
Oh, by the way, its freeware!
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 1:54:28 PM

I haven't had any problems with it so far. However, as I said - I'm not
using it heavily. Still - for what I'm doing it seems flexible enough.

-b :-)

!