Product Review...

deusex

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Hey Guys:

Do you think that major companies such as Samsung,Apple,Sony have any program where they will give out (for a period of time) a new-slightly new product for a school tech newspaper or tech club (high School) to review or something? - in exchange for Ads and stuff?

Thanks

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
There are those programs you can somehow get hooked up with by testing "new" products and reporting back. You get to keep the products but the review part is long and tedious from what my sister says. I have no idea how you get involved but I'm sure some looking around may work.

I haven't heard of any PC companies doing this, but my sister has reviewed a few digital cameras and dvd players, stuff like that. Coffee maker too I believe.

You'd probably have better luck trying to hook up with a local small business that is already in the PC business.
Beyond that you can could try to "sign on" with an already established review site (such as www.tomshardware.com 8)) in some type of Intern position (un-paid of course) and work your way up to doing product reviews. Letting a review site staff get the products for review is much easier than talking directly to a hardware manufacturer. Usually the hardware has to be sent back after a very short period of time.

chased13

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
yeh..your better of finding a local pc shop (not a big brand office depot or w/e) and talking with the owner.

say youll give him an ad if he lets you borrow some equipment and test it out.

makes sense from his point as kids are usually the ones buying computer stuff and if you give the stuff back to him, whats he got to lose?