Please help me with my P5W DH Deluxe

ochinchin

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
When I boot up my computer the mobo speaker beeps once which indicates no master drive detected. Sure enough after POST and before windows loads I get a Jmicron error stating that no master boot device is detected. I have my 74GB Raptor hooked up to SATA1 and it's registered as my master drive, after I get the error windows loads up and runs fine a few seconds after. I want to know why I'm getting this error and how I can fix it. Any help on fixing this annoying problem is appreciated. Thanks! :D

paybax

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
When I boot up my computer the mobo speaker beeps once which indicates no master drive detected. Sure enough after POST and before windows loads I get a Jmicron error stating that no master boot device is detected. I have my 74GB Raptor hooked up to SATA1 and it's registered as my master drive, after I get the error windows loads up and runs fine a few seconds after. I want to know why I'm getting this error and how I can fix it. Any help on fixing this annoying problem is appreciated. Thanks! :D

YO OC<
did you d/l the WD lifeguard data toolkit and use it to "INITIALIZE" the drive?
Also in the bios, do you have the drive set as #1 in boot device priority.

check these things.............and while your at it...........some comp specs might be nice :oops:

DryOkole

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006

First, list your entire spec people can help you better. Is your HD connected to SATA1 or SATA_RAID1? SATA1 is controlled by ICH7R and has nothing to do with the JMicron controller. Do you have opticals connected to the JMicron IDE connector? Go into your BIOS and under the Advanced tab change the JMicron SATA/PATA controller to Enabled, JMicron Controller mode to Basic, and JMicron SATA/RAID BOOTROM to Disabled. Make sure your optical drive is set to master. Anyone else have ideas?

brent1a

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
I am having the exact same problem. Here is a quick lowdown of whats going on:
Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mobo.
2 x LG GSAH22N DVDRW Drives
1 x Samsun SpinPoint T HD321KJ 320GB HDD hooked up too SATA1
On startup i get an audible beep (I guess that means no primary device) then when everything posts I get the Jmicron error saying no master boot device detected. Then once I'm in BIOS it lists the hard drive as the 3rd master device not the primary and the dvdrw drives aren't listed at all. But when I go to the boot order menu it'' be listed HDD, DVD Drive, then just CDROM drive.
The hard drive has 8 prong jumper selection and I've put the jumper on the 2nd set of prongs from the left (I guess that's master).
The DVDRW Drives have 6 prong jumper selection of which I've put each of those jumpers on the middle set of prongs.
I've also gone to the advanced tab and checked to make sure the JMicron SATA/PATA controller is Enabled, JMicron Controller mode is set to Basic, and JMicron SATA/RAID BOOTROM is disabled.
So the problem is: Beep on startup, bios doesn't recognize hdd, all which means I can't install windows.
Please help!