Stuxnet Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The computer worm known as Stuxnet was discovered this past July and specifically targets computers that run critical infrastructure such as the electric power grid, water treatment and oil and gas pipelines.

Looks like we have a bit of a "super virus" on our hands here- a very sophisticated one at that. Man, if this thing were to get into power grid computers, we'd be sunk.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/web/11/17/stuxnet.virus/index.html?hpt=T2

The fact that it is so sophisticated suggests that this would have to be a group of people who know the systems they want to attack, this is different from others that you find where someone looks at what microsoft issues security updates for then makes an exploit knowing many won't have updated their systems.

This must have some money behind it and I ain't sure you can accuse "terrorists" or anyone like that which the media usually latches onto. I vote on israel being behind it. Always blame israel.

It may not be China, per se, but like stranger mentioned, it has the smell of government behind it. That is, it would appear that a government somewhere sanctioned its creation using some of the best mind available, i.e. only a government would have the funds and means to keep the exact authors under wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS