Old Astra 600P

Ruby

My uncle gave my mom an old scanner, an Astra 600P. She has an IMac and
I can't find the drivers on the Umax site. (Says nothing available)

Is there any way to get this scanner running on a mac?

Thanks!

Ruby wrote:
> My uncle gave my mom an old scanner, an Astra 600P. She has an IMac and
> I can't find the drivers on the Umax site. (Says nothing available)
>
> Is there any way to get this scanner running on a mac?
>
> Thanks!
Do Imacs even have a parallel port or do you have an adapter?

Ruby

In article <CIpac.164625$LX.22824292@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, tomcas
<tomcas@NOSPAMmjwebsitedesign.com> wrote:

> Ruby wrote:
> > My uncle gave my mom an old scanner, an Astra 600P. She has an IMac and
> > I can't find the drivers on the Umax site. (Says nothing available)
> >
> > Is there any way to get this scanner running on a mac?
> >
> > Thanks!
> Do Imacs even have a parallel port or do you have an adapter?

Have to have an adapter. USB only.

Ruby wrote:
> In article <CIpac.164625$LX.22824292@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, tomcas
> <tomcas@NOSPAMmjwebsitedesign.com> wrote:
>

>>Ruby wrote:
>>
>>>My uncle gave my mom an old scanner, an Astra 600P. She has an IMac and
>>>I can't find the drivers on the Umax site. (Says nothing available)
>>>
>>>Is there any way to get this scanner running on a mac?
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>
>>Do Imacs even have a parallel port or do you have an adapter?
>

> Have to have an adapter. USB only.

I don't think there is such a device for scanners- only parallel to usb
printer adapters. Are you saying you already have this adapter that
works with scanners?