Your question

6800GS Problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 2, 2006 1:45:09 PM

AXP 3000+ @ 2.3
1024 ram
6800gs AGP (stock)
Epox 8rda3+pro

So here is the deal, when I exit out of a game, any game, & it's going back to the desktop, I get the mouse cursor & a black screen. Now its kinds funny..
I can find the taskbar with the cursor, but cant see it. Even if I wait a good amount of time the screen wont come back.

I have tested my psu with a multimeter & it is rock solid. Ran memtest, ok. Put my system back to bone stock & tried it, got the black screen w/the mouse cursor again. Put my desktop resolution & game resolution to the same 1024 X 768. still the same.....

I have no idea what is causing this, but to get back to my desktop, I have to restart.

If anyone has any ideas, please share, as I am lost on this one.

Thanks!
Hicks

More about : 6800gs problems

October 2, 2006 3:07:03 PM

Anyone???? Ideas???
October 2, 2006 7:27:51 PM

PLEASE HELP, I am lost.!!!!
Related resources
October 2, 2006 8:01:39 PM

might have a loading problem

my BEST suggestion
reformat

or check your hard drive or both :D 
October 2, 2006 8:51:49 PM

i belive it is the drivers i one had this type of probelm and its cus i changed something with the drivers i dont remember what exactly and i had to go on a black screen and search for the DEFUALT button hahah it was funny cus in the end i got it
but i would reinstall your drivers
October 2, 2006 8:57:12 PM

I think is a SW problem too. I’ve had games do that from time to time and I think it’s the game itself or XP/Driver issues. Might even be sound card driver problems, try disabling your sound card and see what happens. Also make sure your using the latest DX (9.3?)
October 2, 2006 9:14:14 PM

I have deleted & reinstalled the drivers. This is on a fresh install of XP. I am using onboard sound. It was fine for 2 weeks, then out of the blue it started doing this.....
October 2, 2006 9:31:35 PM

Update your drivers to 91.47 if you haven't already done so.
October 3, 2006 2:56:18 AM

An old Technician adage; when something stops working, look back at the last thing you changed and change it back.
!