6800GS Problems

Hicks121

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
AXP 3000+ @ 2.3
1024 ram
6800gs AGP (stock)
Epox 8rda3+pro

So here is the deal, when I exit out of a game, any game, & it's going back to the desktop, I get the mouse cursor & a black screen. Now its kinds funny..
I can find the taskbar with the cursor, but cant see it. Even if I wait a good amount of time the screen wont come back.

I have tested my psu with a multimeter & it is rock solid. Ran memtest, ok. Put my system back to bone stock & tried it, got the black screen w/the mouse cursor again. Put my desktop resolution & game resolution to the same 1024 X 768. still the same.....

I have no idea what is causing this, but to get back to my desktop, I have to restart.

If anyone has any ideas, please share, as I am lost on this one.

Thanks!
Hicks

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
i belive it is the drivers i one had this type of probelm and its cus i changed something with the drivers i dont remember what exactly and i had to go on a black screen and search for the DEFUALT button hahah it was funny cus in the end i got it
but i would reinstall your drivers

krazyIvan

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
I think is a SW problem too. I’ve had games do that from time to time and I think it’s the game itself or XP/Driver issues. Might even be sound card driver problems, try disabling your sound card and see what happens. Also make sure your using the latest DX (9.3?)

Hicks121

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
I have deleted & reinstalled the drivers. This is on a fresh install of XP. I am using onboard sound. It was fine for 2 weeks, then out of the blue it started doing this.....