Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Normal temperature for E6600@stock

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
October 2, 2006 5:20:25 PM

Can any1 tell me what temperature is normal for E6600 @ stock settings(idile)?
I also don't know witch temperature is right ( for example they are 3 temperatures in Everest Ultimate Edition 2006, 1 for CPU and 2 for CPU cores?
Here is link for my screen shot...
http://www.slibe.com/publicimage/e24c8901-temperature_J...[/img]
THX
a c 79 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 2, 2006 6:15:19 PM

Quote:
Can any1 tell me what temperature is normal for E6600 @ stock settings(idile)?
I also don't know witch temperature is right ( for example they are 3 temperatures in Everest Ultimate Edition 2006, 1 for CPU and 2 for CPU cores?
Here is link for my screen shot...
http://www.slibe.com/publicimage/e24c8901-temperature_J...
THX
[/img]

There's a thread on collecting C2D temp data, loaded and Idle, you'll get to see a lot of temps, and be able to figure out what it 'normal'. It takes a while to open though.

C2D temp data

I wouldn't be too concerned about a 1C difference, it could be down to the precise time at which the reading was taken. 1 reading per core, + 1 for the CPU package from the Mobo sensor (I think), hence three readings.
October 2, 2006 6:48:13 PM

Mine is overclocked to 3GHz, but it never gets above 54 under load.
Related resources
October 2, 2006 10:21:18 PM

Perhaps the Intel stock cooler sucks.
Can any1 tell me can i put Zalman 9500LED on my Gigabyte DQ6 ,heh i definetly need better cooler....
a c 79 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 2, 2006 10:28:12 PM

your temps aren't that far out, its possibly more to do with airflow in the case than anything else... Whats your case like, how many fans etc..
October 2, 2006 10:39:21 PM

Thermaltake Armor case with :Front (intake)120x120x25 1300rpm, Side (Intake) 250 x 250 x 30 ,Rear (exhaust)20 x 120 x25 mm ,Top (exhaust)90 x 90 x 25mm, 1800rpm, 19dBA .
As u can see airflow is very good.
So does any1 knows is posible to put Zalman 9500LED on Gigabyte DQ6???
THX
a c 79 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 2, 2006 10:47:31 PM

Quote:
Thermaltake Armor case with :Front (intake)120x120x25 1300rpm, Side (Intake) 250 x 250 x 30 ,Rear (exhaust)20 x 120 x25 mm ,Top (exhaust)90 x 90 x 25mm, 1800rpm, 19dBA .
As u can see airflow is very good.
So does any1 knows is posible to put Zalman 9500LED on Gigabyte DQ6???
THX


And your ambient was 22-23 I seem to recall?

Does sound warm with 39-40 at idle. Can you make sure that you HSF is seated properly? give each of the legs a push and make sure they don't need to click into place, although your temps don't seem high enough for that...

Spotted it... you are not idling, have you got eist enabled in the mobo, and are you on portable/laptop in the power settings (yes I know its not a laptop, MS didn't forsee this) that will enable your processor to drop to a x6 multi which will give you 1600Mhz not 2400Mhz, don't worry it'll go up to 2400 as soon as processor needs it.
October 2, 2006 11:04:14 PM

My ambient is around 20 .
I checked HSF a few times and it is 100 % properly seated, and I also put new layer of thermal paste...
I aslo checked power seting and it is home/office!
Here is screen shoot so u can see im idling on 1600Mhz,
http://www.slibe.com/publicimage/78ba34a4-untitled_JPG/
Any clues???
a c 79 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 2, 2006 11:06:42 PM

according to TAT you are idling at 2400...
a c 79 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 2, 2006 11:13:54 PM

try setting to portable/laptop... I think tat is likely to be more correct than everest, however your vcore is a 1.17 which is my idle volt, but you may just have a really good chip
October 3, 2006 12:01:39 AM

Right now, @ stock, my E6600 is running at 26C. Room temperature is a constant 75F/24C. Ripping a CD with iTunes 7, with CPU usage around 50%, the temp rises to 36-38 C.

This CPU runs cool beyond belief. The multiplier changes automatically between 6 and 9, depending on CPU load. This works even when overclocked. If you minimize the CPU-Z window you can see it changing back and forth between 1.6 and 2.4 GHz in the taskbar, even in the middle of ripping. Of course this can be turned off but I wouldn't want to do that. It works flawlessly. The rip ended very quickly and now it's back to 27C. Amazing.
a b à CPUs
October 3, 2006 12:05:46 AM

Quote:
Right now, @ stock, my E6600 is running at 26C. Room temperature is a constant 75F/24C. Ripping a CD with iTunes 7, with CPU usage around 50%, the temp rises to 36-38 C.

This CPU runs cool beyond belief. The multiplier changes automatically between 6 and 9, depending on CPU load. This works even when overclocked. If you minimize the CPU-Z window you can see it changing back and forth between 1.6 and 2.4 GHz in the taskbar, even in the middle of ripping. Of course this can be turned off but I wouldn't want to do that. It works flawlessly. The rip ended very quickly and now it's back to 27C. Amazing.


Question...In control panel>Power Options, what setting are you using?
October 3, 2006 12:20:58 AM

What about Zalman , does he goes on DQ6? Pls answer me so I can buy it tomorow :D 
a b à CPUs
October 3, 2006 12:34:04 AM

Quote:
What about Zalman , does he goes on DQ6? Pls answer me so I can buy it tomorow :D 


I believe I've heard somone say the Zalman 9500 fits on that Gigabyte board, but barely :D . Try punching in your board here and see if it's listed. I use this Zalman cooler on my ASUS P5B-Deluxe and E6600 I built last week. Can I ask, which setting are you using in POWER OPTIONs in the control panel?

http://www.zalman.co.kr/usa/product/view.asp?idx=165&co...
October 3, 2006 1:32:44 AM

Quote:
Question...In control panel>Power Options, what setting are you using?


It's Vista build 5728, and I had it set to Balanced, the default. I just switched to high performance but the only difference is that it doesn't go into sleep after one hour.
a b à CPUs
October 3, 2006 1:41:53 AM

Quote:
Question...In control panel>Power Options, what setting are you using?


It's Vista build 5728, and I had it set to Balanced, the default. I just switched to high performance but the only difference is that it doesn't go into sleep after one hour.

I was hoping for the setting you use here. power options in the control panel.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5940/homykk55xr2.jpg
October 3, 2006 2:06:45 AM

Quote:
Right now, @ stock, my E6600 is running at 26C. Room temperature is a constant 75F/24C.


You're either water cooling or spreading some BS. NO cpu, regardless of air only thermal solutions, is going to run 2c over ambient.
I'm pretty sure the OP is looking for air-cooled temps.
October 3, 2006 3:34:54 AM

Quote:
You're either water cooling or spreading some BS. NO cpu, regardless of air only thermal solutions, is going to run 2c over ambient.
I'm pretty sure the OP is looking for air-cooled temps.


I use this cooler. I don't spread BS. It is possible that the SpeedFan readings are off for some reason, but I'm not making them up. I would send screen shots but you're definitely not worth the trouble.
October 3, 2006 4:08:50 AM

You will have to modify the Zalman 9500 to fit your DQ6
October 3, 2006 4:10:46 AM

Here's a screenshot.

[/URL][/img]
October 3, 2006 4:20:33 AM

Quote:
$35 yet inferior, that's shocking...

I sometime really have to wonder how AC managed to price Freezer 64/7 Pro at $30-25 and yet perform the same as CNPS9500 at half the price.

Actually I managed to overclock to 3 GHz using this inferior cooler and the temps never got above 50C. I'll always thank you for teaching me how to do it, but that overclock is now saved and will probably never be used again. The tradeoff between the noise and the speed was not acceptable.
October 3, 2006 4:42:54 AM

Quote:
Perhaps the Intel stock cooler sucks.
Can any1 tell me can i put Zalman 9500LED on my Gigabyte DQ6 ,heh i definetly need better cooler....



If you need a better cooler then don't go for the Zalman 9500LED. It's pretty, overated and expensive. You want a good one then you should be looking at Scythe Ninja, Big Typhoon and Thermalright Ultra 120 coolers. All this outperforms that 9500. Yes, the 9500 is the best seller in Newegg for most just buy one for looks. And get Artic Silver 5 thermal paste while your at it.
a c 79 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 3, 2006 8:13:04 AM

Quote:
I changed power settings to portable/laptop and I thing that helped me!!
Here is the link so u can see the difference
http://www.slibe.com/publicimage/b5d8f158-untitled_JPG/
Is that aproximate temperature for idile Conroe?
Thx m8 for help!


Looks about right to me.

Good luck.
October 3, 2006 9:02:02 AM

I would like to get Ninja or Freezer cooler but I cant find them on the market.
I live in little country (Bosnia) and here is always problem to get good parts for computer.
Luckly there is Zalman in few shops here so I must go for him ( I know it is to expencive but money is not te problem :p ).
Hope my CPU will stay cool with it :D 
October 4, 2006 2:08:09 AM

Quote:
You're either water cooling or spreading some BS. NO cpu, regardless of air only thermal solutions, is going to run 2c over ambient.
I'm pretty sure the OP is looking for air-cooled temps.


I use this cooler. I don't spread BS. It is possible that the SpeedFan readings are off for some reason, but I'm not making them up. I would send screen shots but you're definitely not worth the trouble.
$35 yet inferior, that's shocking...

I sometime really have to wonder how AC managed to price Freezer 64/7 Pro at $30-25 and yet perform the same as CNPS9500 at half the price.

You lost me here, Wusy....
Inferior to what? Stock? ACPro7? You response doesn't fit the contextt of the quoted text.
October 4, 2006 2:10:00 AM

Quote:
Here's a screenshot.


Ok, I was right.
Your screenshot proves you spread BS (and no, not a typo for AS5)....
You're running at 45C, not 26.
October 6, 2006 4:32:38 AM

Quote:
Ok, I was right.
Your screenshot proves you spread BS (and no, not a typo for AS5)....
You're running at 45C, not 26.

I'm sorry; I didn't realize you suffer from dyslexia. You should seek professional help. It's actually not that difficult to treat.
October 7, 2006 6:27:48 AM

Quote:
Can any1 tell me what temperature is normal for E6600 @ stock settings(idile)?
I also don't know witch temperature is right ( for example they are 3 temperatures in Everest Ultimate Edition 2006, 1 for CPU and 2 for CPU cores?
Here is link for my screen shot...
http://www.slibe.com/publicimage/e24c8901-temperature_J...
THX
[/img]

getting 34-35 idle @ stock on mine

getting 37-39 @ 3.0 ghz...didn't even touch the voltages, just put the fsb at 333 and the dram at 667, wow this is amazing.

i'll tell you what load is when i install windows, these are just the numbers from the bios
October 7, 2006 6:28:51 AM

Quote:
Can any1 tell me what temperature is normal for E6600 @ stock settings(idile)?
I also don't know witch temperature is right ( for example they are 3 temperatures in Everest Ultimate Edition 2006, 1 for CPU and 2 for CPU cores?
Here is link for my screen shot...
http://www.slibe.com/publicimage/e24c8901-temperature_J...
THX
[/img]

oh yea i turned off speed step by the way
October 7, 2006 6:36:46 AM

Quote:
Here's a screenshot.


Ok, I was right.
Your screenshot proves you spread BS (and no, not a typo for AS5)....
You're running at 45C, not 26.

kukito, go into your bios, go to power, go to hardware monitor...its the second thing down

what does that say? (as if you'd actually say the truth now that you know what a moron everyone will think of you..but what the hell)

EDIT:

today i adjusted my overclock settings, and now its 34.5 idle @ 3.0 ghz on the STOCK intel fan with speedstep turned off. wow this is beautiful
!