Cannon DR-2080C Scanner. Anyone using it?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 31, 2004 9:21:12 PM

Hi,

Presently I am drooling over the prospects of owning the Cannon DR-2080C
scanner, as I have need of an affordable duplex scanner. Does anyone here
have any experience with this scanner? Any other recommendations?

Cheers,
Mike H.

More about : cannon 2080c scanner

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 7:38:19 PM

We have a couple of the DR-2080C scanners and they work well for us.

Mike H. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Presently I am drooling over the prospects of owning the Cannon DR-2080C
> scanner, as I have need of an affordable duplex scanner. Does anyone here
> have any experience with this scanner? Any other recommendations?
>
> Cheers,
> Mike H.

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 1:14:22 AM

I have owned a DR-2080C for about 6 months, and used it pretty hard.
Probably 80,000 pages so far. Generally very happy with the scanner.
It's nice that Canon sells a kit to replace the parts that wear out -
rollers and such - at a reasonable price.

The main suggestion I would pass along from my experience is that you
have to watch for gunk transferring from the originals to the scanning
elements. A very small speck of ink can cause a streak on thousands
of pages of scans before it's noticed. Annoying in many contexts and
fatal for OCR.

We plan to start scanning a blank page every thousand sheets, then
examining the pair of images (remember, it's a two-sided scanner -
only half the images are affected by any speck of goo) for problems.

We've also started packing a cleaning kit when we send the scanner
into the field.

Our experience has been one problem per 10,000 - 20,000 pages.
!