Cannon DR-2080C Scanner. Anyone using it?

Hi,

Presently I am drooling over the prospects of owning the Cannon DR-2080C
scanner, as I have need of an affordable duplex scanner. Does anyone here
have any experience with this scanner? Any other recommendations?

Cheers,
Mike H.
2 answers Last reply
More about cannon 2080c scanner

    We have a couple of the DR-2080C scanners and they work well for us.

    Mike H. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Presently I am drooling over the prospects of owning the Cannon DR-2080C
    > scanner, as I have need of an affordable duplex scanner. Does anyone here
    > have any experience with this scanner? Any other recommendations?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Mike H.

    I have owned a DR-2080C for about 6 months, and used it pretty hard.
    Probably 80,000 pages so far. Generally very happy with the scanner.
    It's nice that Canon sells a kit to replace the parts that wear out -
    rollers and such - at a reasonable price.

    The main suggestion I would pass along from my experience is that you
    have to watch for gunk transferring from the originals to the scanning
    elements. A very small speck of ink can cause a streak on thousands
    of pages of scans before it's noticed. Annoying in many contexts and
    fatal for OCR.

    We plan to start scanning a blank page every thousand sheets, then
    examining the pair of images (remember, it's a two-sided scanner -
    only half the images are affected by any speck of goo) for problems.

    We've also started packing a cleaning kit when we send the scanner
    into the field.

    Our experience has been one problem per 10,000 - 20,000 pages.

Scanners Peripherals