Your question

Inquirer: Firefox To Require Pizza Processor

Last response: in CPUs
October 2, 2006 6:39:08 PM

OMG... :roll:

October 2, 2006 6:48:32 PM

Is this real? :lol: 
Post the orginal link...
If it is, once again the INQ f^cks up the news.
Related resources
October 2, 2006 7:25:23 PM

Yeah, but at least the other sources didn't refer to the Mozzarella Foundation's Open Sauce! :lol: 
October 2, 2006 7:42:03 PM

Open Sauce > Tomato Sauce?
October 2, 2006 7:45:45 PM

Whenever I make pizza I always open my tomato sauce first, then I apply the foundation of mozzarella... :lol: 
October 2, 2006 7:46:22 PM

wrong concept. You can modify tomato sauce into open (tomato) sause.
October 2, 2006 7:48:19 PM

where's the pepperonis? and all the other good toppings. i would really like to know who's in charge of quality contol and how many bottles of beer did he have before oking that article... actually, that question is based on the assumption that there is any quality control whatsoever there to begin with.
October 2, 2006 7:49:10 PM

So what does that make pepperoni and extra chesse? Developers packs?
a b à CPUs
October 2, 2006 7:49:22 PM

Wow.. that's really sad... oh well. I suppose nobody's perfect.
October 2, 2006 7:53:20 PM

This is the INQ we are talking about here. You can't use the words Inquirer and perfect in the same sentence, not even same paragraph, hell, not even in the same book...
October 2, 2006 7:53:48 PM

WOW,

That was painfully stupid...

Nick Farrell should find another line of work I think.

WOW, the Open Sauce foundation and the Mozzarella Foundation.

The best part was the reference to the "Security Supremeo" as in supreme pizza?

Did someone set him up by changing the Wiki references?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :roll: :roll: :roll:
October 2, 2006 7:56:38 PM

I just checked the Mozzarella Foundation's Wiki:

The open sauce model can allow for the concurrent use of different ingredients and approaches in pizza-tossing, in contrast with more centralized models of baking such as those typically used in commercial restaurants. "Open sauce" as applied to pizza defines a product in which additional fixins are made generally available for an extra charge.

:lol: 
October 2, 2006 7:57:05 PM

So I guess it's not safe to use the Firefox browser at this time, or Inquirer just making sh!t up again? I'm using Firefox right now, mainly for Tomshardware for the Internet Explorer won't let me through and blocked me everytime I want to log in Toms. I'm running Norton Internet Security right now, but would it matter or am I still risking it?
October 2, 2006 7:59:23 PM

"Worst PC Article Screw Up" :trophy:

Worthy of a Pulitzer Prize... for Stupidity.
October 2, 2006 8:00:39 PM

Hey turns out Pizza Hut has a pretty Wicked Wiki :D 
October 2, 2006 8:12:50 PM

So Internet Explorer has many flaws and most targeted by hackers, the Firefox Mozzarila has a flow as well. So what browser should I be using that is most secure. I guess I'm going back for Hawiian pizza since Mozzarila has been hacked. :lol: 
October 2, 2006 8:13:13 PM

Quote:
So I guess it's not safe to use the Firefox browser at this time, or Inquirer just making sh!t up again? I'm using Firefox right now, mainly for Tomshardware for the Internet Explorer won't let me through and blocked me everytime I want to log in Toms. I'm running Norton Internet Security right now, but would it matter or am I still risking it?

Olives those browsers should work. Don't bacon chicken. Anchovy got onion meatballs?

October 2, 2006 8:16:56 PM

I am using firefox right now.... hmmm .. maybe I am in danger :D 
October 2, 2006 8:17:39 PM

Is there any browser we can use with minimum risks?
October 2, 2006 8:21:43 PM

Quote:

Anything not made by Sony :lol: 
October 2, 2006 8:24:41 PM

Somebody must have hacked their site. Or its a disgruntled employee or something. Even the inquirer isn't this stupid.
October 2, 2006 8:24:46 PM

Quote:

Anything not made by Sony :lol: 

Really! 8O OMG! My floppy drive is Sony, is it mean someone would hack my floppy drive!? No wonder that floppy drive sometimes spins on it's own, I think it's been hacked and remotely controlled to spin up to annoy me! :x
October 2, 2006 8:26:23 PM

Yes, someone else's browser. No risk at all to you =)
October 2, 2006 8:27:26 PM

WORLD SCOOP:

The Mozzarella Foundation's new Open Sauce Wood-Firedfox logo!

October 2, 2006 8:36:27 PM

Classic.
October 2, 2006 8:45:14 PM

Hey, how can we forward this thread to the Inquirer? :D 
October 2, 2006 9:04:19 PM

Strange and Chuck,

First of all someone would have to want to personally attack your machine OR they would do a blanket Hack that covers all machines carrying the affected browser. This would likely be in the form of a virus which would then open the door.

It is not likely that the NORMAL user would get hacked unless they tick the wrong person off while online in a forum similar to this one :) .

You could move to Opera...

Lynx is still around... HERE!!

But Lynx is not the most robust browser ;)  Seeing that it is a text only browser and does not support many of the hacker hole ridden add-ons that the other popular browsers DO support.

It would be funny to see if you could even bring up THG forumz on Lynx.

Happy Hunting guys...

Hasta la pizza!!!
October 2, 2006 9:11:09 PM

Could always do the following:

Go back to IE5.0 and turn security slider to low and make sure you enable Java/Javascript and Active virus ( I mean Active X). Also make sure you click on ALL pop-up windows you receive...

That would make you very secure.... Also make sure you accept ALL cookies.

And spyware/adware tracking/removal systems are for punks....

:) 

I call this the "being a Man" approach to internet security... :D  :D  :D 

Is the best Defense a really good Offense? Does having your machine so riddled with viri and spyware make it an unattractive target???? Huh Huh??

Kinda like the Clint Eastwood methodology... So you wanna hack my machine, do ya kid? Do ya feel lucky? Do ya Punk? :) 
October 2, 2006 9:15:04 PM

Could always install and use Archie and Gopher clients from a command line.

That would be safe...
October 2, 2006 9:19:52 PM

Quote:

I don't think any browser is 100% safe. The difference between IE & FF is that FF will be patched within days, not weeks.
a b à CPUs
October 2, 2006 9:24:51 PM

Nah if the Inquirer mentions it it must be BS so it stands to reason that any other site that carrys the same or similar stories are also full of shite so I would'nt take any notice of any of them if I were you :twisted:
October 2, 2006 9:26:06 PM

Are smoke signals hard to hack? Teletype maybe? Nah teletype is way too easy to hack...

The ping time on smoke signals would be enormous and the error retransmission rate would depend on the people sending and receiving the signals... :) 
October 2, 2006 9:42:43 PM

Oro? [/blinks]
October 2, 2006 9:43:34 PM

Quote:
Are smoke signals hard to hack? Teletype maybe? Nah teletype is way too easy to hack...

The ping time on smoke signals would be enormous and the error retransmission rate would depend on the people sending and receiving the signals... :) 

Wind would play havoc with your checksums. :D 
October 2, 2006 9:45:45 PM

Quote:

Wind would play havoc with your checksums. :D 
So what would a network connection problem be like?
October 2, 2006 9:49:29 PM

Quote:

So what would a network connection problem be like?

Well, considering that in order to generate the smoke signal you need a Fire-wall... :lol: 
October 2, 2006 9:49:52 PM

Handshake would be a little tough and I would think you would have to be in really good shape.

Imagine having to send a header for every packet 8O 8O .
October 2, 2006 9:50:24 PM

Har-dee, F^cking Har...
These puns are killing me.
October 2, 2006 9:52:44 PM

Somebody, anybody, forward this thread to Leno or Letterman!!! :D 
October 2, 2006 10:15:04 PM

Now I am craving pizza with anchovies and chili peppers, GO FIGGURE!
October 2, 2006 10:40:39 PM

and what about homing pigeons ? to hack it you'd have to capture the pigeon, and replace its message... not very easy !

the only problem is that there would be a lot of bird sh.t around every big server... :?
October 2, 2006 10:43:46 PM

Hey there ya go... Homing Pigeons!!

And when you get hungry you can use them in place of chicken on the Pizza ;) 
October 2, 2006 10:50:29 PM

and you can use a 20mm flak turret as a firewall (might be overkill, but fully secure... none shall pass !!)

October 2, 2006 10:53:51 PM

And to overclock your homing pigeons, you could feed them PCP and/or attach jet engines.
October 2, 2006 10:57:32 PM

Pigeons on PCP.... yep PETA's gonna sue the hell outta us.
October 2, 2006 11:23:09 PM

Nah, no jet engines or PCP...

Steroids :) 
October 2, 2006 11:25:14 PM

Could you imagine a Pigeon with Roid Rage?

/hmmmmmm Memories of Alphred Hitchcock "the birds"
!