Omnipage loads text images as negative ??

My problem:-
Have just started using Omnipage 9 - which came with my
Cannon scanner. It worked fine for a few pages but
now:-----

I scan magazine text into Photoshop or Paintshop Pro and the
images appear correct - i.e. black text on a white
background.

When Omnipage 9 loads these images they display (in
Omnipage) as *negative* -i.e. white text on black background
!.
Omnipage then seems to do the OCR process and produces -
you've guessed it a negative.'proof'

When saved into Word, sure enough I've got a negative,
uneditabe, *image* in Word.

I don't see that it can be the scanner at fault because the
images display correctly in Photoshop or Paintshop Pro.

I've read the manual and visited Omnipage's site (Scansoft
or something) but can't find any reference to this negative
effect.

Ive tried using the Omnipage wizard - choosing 'recognise
white text on black background' and that has no affect. But
the point is, it should not be converting to a negative
image in the first place!

If anyone can advise I'd be most gratefull.

Dave Plug

---
17/03/04

In article <c4flq9$hmj$1@sparta.btinternet.com>, dbc@active.com says...