why is ram so much more expencive than it was!

breedalot

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
is it just me or is ram expencive at the momnet?

when i have built pcs before i have never realy taken ram in to consderation from a price point of view but at the moment it is more expencive than most cpus!

does anyone know why or is it me geting old?

Sheepish

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
The price rose about a month ago, i watched prices jump about ~£40 here in the UK. Two days ago they finally came down £10. Now im waiting for at least another £20 before putting together my new puter.

pauldh

Illustrious
Yeah, just noticed that myself. I assume at least part of it is High DDR2 demands from C2D and Am2 making for less DDR production. So both are expensive.

I had alot of RAM not long ago and now have used most of it up. Not needing to buy any for months, it shocked me to start pricing PC3200 again. RAM is the biggest iffy thing in a build. Most compontents go down in price or you at least get better for the same price. RAM is always up and down. Anyway, I Started looking for a 2GB Kit of low latency PC3200, and it's almost double what I last paid for it many months ago. So now I'm just looking for a decent price (under $180) on a 2GB value kit like Corsair Value, Patriot, or Geil Blue.