Can Qusnetsoft Newsreader open pictures?

January 26, 2005 7:41:37 PM

I'll ask again, Can Qusnetsoft Newsreader open pictures, as in the binaries
news group? please advice TIA

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln

Qusnetsoft for 2003 can open pics. Qusnetsoft for 2002 can not open pics.
They are both the same version but made differently for the differnces in
the O.S.

"Me" <spamsome1@else.net> wrote in message
news:D ea8t821pe24$.s2tca87pc95m$.dlg@40tude.net...
> I'll ask again, Can Qusnetsoft Newsreader open pictures, as in the
binaries
> news group? please advice TIA
>

> --
> "..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
> be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 8:16:27 PM

"Me" <spamsome1@else.net> wrote in message
news:D ea8t821pe24$.s2tca87pc95m$.dlg@40tude.net...
> I'll ask again, Can Qusnetsoft Newsreader open pictures, as in the
> binaries
> news group? please advice TIA

Yes it can - just double checked in Microsoft.public.pocketpc.Marketplace -
a lovely picture of dram.

When viewing the post, the small icons (left above the text) will become lit
up . Click on these will allow you to view the picture, save the attachment,
view the source, etc.
Related resources
January 27, 2005 7:20:51 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:41:37 -0500, Me wrote:

Thanks guys, I was starting to think you were mad at me, ;)  lol

Cheers

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 7:25:24 PM

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:41:37 -0500, Me wrote:
>
> Thanks guys, I was starting to think you were mad at me, ;)  lol
>
> Cheers

Now did you say mad at "me" or mad at you? Wait, you are "me"...

(I bet you get this a lot... <g> )
January 27, 2005 7:53:59 PM

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:25:24 -0500, xTenn wrote:

> Now did you say mad at "me" or mad at you? Wait, you are "me"...
>
> (I bet you get this a lot... <g> )

Something like that.......;)

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
February 4, 2005 11:45:39 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:16:27 -0500, xTenn wrote:

> Yes it can - just double checked in Microsoft.public.pocketpc.Marketplace -
> a lovely picture of dram.
>
> When viewing the post, the small icons (left above the text) will become lit
> up . Click on these will allow you to view the picture, save the attachment,
> view the source, etc.

I could'nt find the picture, you mentioned can you post another so I can try
to find it? TIA

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 1:07:46 AM

Reply to message from Me <spamsome1@else.net> (Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:45:39)
about ""Re: Can Qusnetsoft Newsreader open pictures?"":

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:16:27 -0500, xTenn wrote:

> I could'nt find the picture, you mentioned can you post another so I can
> try to find it? TIA

I didn't post it - just happened to be there as a test. But there should be
a plethora of image groups to try it on.

(plethora... cool)
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 7:16:34 AM

Go to the microsoft.public.nntp.test group and look for the image I just posted...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Me" <spamsome1@else.net> wrote in message news:1e4lb4led98ea$.1t6v62d9utpeo$.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:16:27 -0500, xTenn wrote:
>

>> Yes it can - just double checked in Microsoft.public.pocketpc.Marketplace -
>> a lovely picture of dram.
>>
>> When viewing the post, the small icons (left above the text) will become lit
>> up . Click on these will allow you to view the picture, save the attachment,
>> view the source, etc.
>
> I could'nt find the picture, you mentioned can you post another so I can try
> to find it? TIA
>
> --
> "..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
> be...." A. Lincoln
February 5, 2005 5:14:11 PM

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 04:16:34 -0600, Sooner Al [MVP] wrote:

> Go to the microsoft.public.nntp.test group and look for the image I just posted...

I'm not trying to test your patience, but there is only 4 posts from user
(fde) since 2/2/05 without attachments, perhaps my newsreader is not
downloading all the posts? I have it set to retrieve 4000 newest headers....
any ideas?

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 5:39:07 PM

Are you using the msnews.microsoft.com news server? If your pointing to another server then you may
not see the post... Beyond that, I have no idea what your doing wrong...

But, as was mentioned earlier, if you look at any binary news group you will be able to download and
open images...

--

"Me" <spamsome1@else.net> wrote in message news:1y1kygp6niq5m$.qrcs64kiqpfu.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 04:16:34 -0600, Sooner Al [MVP] wrote:
>
>> Go to the microsoft.public.nntp.test group and look for the image I just posted...
>
> I'm not trying to test your patience, but there is only 4 posts from user
> (fde) since 2/2/05 without attachments, perhaps my newsreader is not
> downloading all the posts? I have it set to retrieve 4000 newest headers....
> any ideas?
>
> --
> "..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
> be...." A. Lincoln
February 7, 2005 10:09:40 PM

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:05:44 -0500, xTenn wrote:

> First of all, are you using Quesnetsoft 3?

Yes, version 3.1 build 3.1.0.3

> Next, you should be connecting to microsoft.public.nntp.test, using the
> server msnews.microsoft.com (there are others, but this one I just tried).
Using QN? how do you connect to this server? Do I have to set an account to
in order to get in?...

> It might be that you are using a server that did not propagate properly.

As I mentioned before, I use the Individual.de server log in to retrieve
messages in QN reader, is this the problem?

> You should pull back a complete list of posts. If you do not see the post
> "Image Test...Binary Attached) then blow away the entry, soft reset, and
> reenter the server/newsgroup and try it again.

Once I refreshed the list of groups I can see the newsgroup listed on the
list of groups, but when it comes to downloading messages, I use the option:
retrieve new messages and the limit of 250, but the Groucho post does not
show up...

> When you get to Al's post, click on the paperclip symbol for attachments, it
> will then prompt to download (unless you have it on to download
> automatically). It will then show either the filename or the picture,
> depending on your iconfiguration. If it shows the filename, then click on
> it to see the picture.
> (BTW, if you do have 3 and have the correct time on your machine then
> download the latest version - if you notice your timestamp is off an hour,
> this was a bug dealing with negative zulu time that was fixed )

I was able to see Al's post using Outlook reader in my PC, but this is the
only way, not even using 40tude Dialog can see it, it just jumps his post...
and now on my ppc happens the same, after downloading a fresh list of groups
i looked for Al's and guess what? is not there it jumps from the user (fde)
to the last poster (irubin) Am I missing something? or loosing my marbles??

> Post back with your results if it doesn't work - it may still be a simple
> issue. But at least try it directly with a known server that does have the
> post.

None of my servers can pull the post, either News.verizon.net nor
News.Individual.net, when you post something do you do it trough you Desktop
or your PPC? if it is on your PPC what server do you use? OOC, TIA

> Good Luck

I think I need more then just luck maybe a cleansing or some budu ;)

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:12:08 PM

"Me" <spamsome1@else.net> wrote in message
news:o cd2o9c0oy50.xjxiwl57tedi$.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:05:44 -0500, xTenn wrote:
>

> As I mentioned before, I use the Individual.de server log in to retrieve
> messages in QN reader, is this the problem?

At this point I do think so. Is there a reason that you can't, for the sake
of a test, use the PPC and connect directly to the msnews.microsoft.com
server? Methinks Individual.de is not being updated in a timely, nor
complete, manner. Nor do they apparently carry any binary posts, at least
from the descriptions you give.

Again, use the PPC and connect directly to the msnews.microsoft.com server,
if possible.

Good luck
February 9, 2005 12:31:03 AM

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 20:12:08 -0500, xTenn wrote:

>> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:05:44 -0500, xTenn wrote:

> At this point I do think so. Is there a reason that you can't, for the sake
> of a test, use the PPC and connect directly to the msnews.microsoft.com
> server?

xTenn? there is absolutly no reason why, I just didn't know how to!! (this
explains the flat line reading of my brain! ;b) I thought that I had to
subscribe some how... but after checking the settings, even Rick Murray uses
the same server as an exemple!!

> Methinks Individual.de is not being updated in a timely, nor
> complete, manner. Nor do they apparently carry any binary posts, at least
> from the descriptions you give.

Yeah is some how of a pain some times....

> Again, use the PPC and connect directly to the msnews.microsoft.com server,
> if possible.
It worked!! Y E S!!

Sooner Al, xTenn, MobileRick, THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND
ADVICE!!

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 10:23:01 AM

Reply to message from Me <spamsome1@else.net> (Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:31:03)
about ""Re: Can Qusnetsoft Newsreader open pictures?"":

> xTenn? there is absolutly no reason why, I just didn't know how to!!
> (this explains the flat line reading of my brain! ;b) I thought that I
> had to subscribe some how... but after checking the settings, even Rick
> Murray uses the same server as an exemple!!

Well, that would explain it-perserverence paid off for you.. Keep up the
good job of expanding your knowledge base and next time I can come to you
for advice on a binary newsgroup issue. :)
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 2:42:00 PM

Reply to message from xTenn <xtennremovethispart@tds.net> (Wed, 09 Feb 2005
07:23:01) about ""Re: Can Qusnetsoft Newsreader open pictures?"":

> Well, that would explain it-perserverence paid off for you.. Keep up the
> good job of expanding your knowledge base and next time I can come to
> you for advice on a binary newsgroup issue. :)

Which could be any time, for the record. Lots of people have helped me
along the way, and it shows no sign of slowing down... :)
February 9, 2005 3:01:03 PM

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:42:00 -0500, xTenn wrote:

> Well, that would explain it-perserverence paid off for you.. Keep up the
> good job of expanding your knowledge base and next time I can come to
> you for advice on a binary newsgroup issue. :)
> Which could be any time, for the record. Lots of people have helped me
> along the way, and it shows no sign of slowing down... :)

I help you as much as can! my knoledge could be clouded by some severe
distractions as parties and beer! but I'll do my best to find out ;)

--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 1:17:36 AM

"xTenn" <xTennREmoveThisPart@tds.net> of wrote:

>"Me" <spamsome1@else.net> wrote in message
>news:o cd2o9c0oy50.xjxiwl57tedi$.dlg@40tude.net...
>> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:05:44 -0500, xTenn wrote:
>>

>> As I mentioned before, I use the Individual.de server log in to retrieve
>> messages in QN reader, is this the problem?
>>

>At this point I do think so. Is there a reason that you can't, for the sake
>of a test, use the PPC and connect directly to the msnews.microsoft.com
>server? Methinks Individual.de is not being updated in a timely, nor
>complete, manner. Nor do they apparently carry any binary posts, at least
>from the descriptions you give.
They definitely don't carry binaries, so this test will never work on that
server.
--
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the
letters get in the wrong places - A. A. Milne