Error when trying to delete a empty folder

Jeffro

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2002

Hi,
Have a empty directory under the Program Files directory that when I try
to delete, I get the following error message:

Cannot Delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk

Any suggestions on how I can delete this folder?

Thanks
JR

Hi,

See this from MVP Kelly:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jeffro" <jeffrow@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Have a empty directory under the Program Files directory that when I try
> to delete, I get the following error message:
>
> Cannot Delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk
>
> Any suggestions on how I can delete this folder?
>
> Thanks
> JR

helpme888

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
It could also be that that area of the HD is physically damaged. You should do a scan disk. Also KillBox can delete it Fileassassin can't because it can only delete locked and/or undeleteable files, not directories. But KillBox can delete the directory on restart just set it to delete folders Add that folder to the delete list, and check the box delete on restart then click delete, and it will restart and hopefully fix it.