temps and arctic silver

neokill3r

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Hey there everyone, I have a question about temps regarding arctic silver. I just reseated my D805 with AS because i was getting pretty high temps (60 idle speedfan). Now the temp is 57 after reseat. Should I just wait for the temps to come down more as the AS sets up or try reseatting the heatsink again. I really don't want to reseat it again because its such a pain but I don't want temps to spike too high when under load and plus I might want to OC a bit later. If you could please give me some advice I would really appreciate it.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hey there everyone, I have a question about temps regarding arctic silver. I just reseated my D805 with AS because i was getting pretty high temps (60 idle speedfan). Now the temp is 57 after reseat. Should I just wait for the temps to come down more as the AS sets up or try reseatting the heatsink again. I really don't want to reseat it again because its such a pain but I don't want temps to spike too high when under load and plus I might want to OC a bit later. If you could please give me some advice I would really appreciate it.
Just don't expect miracles after it sets up. I rarely find much difference after 200 hours(or whatever the setup time is). You might gain a couple of degrees, but don't count on 5-10.

neokill3r

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
well temp is down to 56 idle now. I only put a small amount on, maybe like the size of a bb. Is that close to a good temp or do you think I should try reseating?

I hope I dont need to reseat it, that stock heatsink is really hard to put on.