File Synchronization

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have a few users that are road warriors, I was wondering if there is
anyway in XP Pro to synchronize a file on their laptop with a file located
on a networked drive once the user has logged in, or before they logout.

Any help will be appreciated.

SM
4 answers Last reply
More about file synchronization
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
    2. In the Search box type: BRIEFCASE , and hit enter.
    3. Click on: "Synchronize files on connected computers using Briefcase".

    How To Use the Briefcase Feature in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307885

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "SM" wrote:

    | I have a few users that are road warriors, I was wondering if there is
    | anyway in XP Pro to synchronize a file on their laptop with a file located
    | on a networked drive once the user has logged in, or before they logout.
    |
    | Any help will be appreciated.
    |
    | SM
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    winexp/tool/synchronize

    "SM" <sandeep@wowway.com> wrote in message
    > I have a few users that are road warriors, I was wondering if there is
    > anyway in XP Pro to synchronize a file on their laptop with a file located
    > on a networked drive once the user has logged in, or before they logout.
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated.
    >
    > SM

  3. I use a programme to file synchronization, which is called File Sync. File Sync: why you need it? May be because of its efficiency. That is why I use this program and haven't any problems. What do you think about it?
  4. I use a programme to file synchronization, which is called File Sync. File Sync: why you need it? May be because of its efficiency. That is why I use this program and haven't any problems.

Support Microsoft Windows XP