File Synchronization

November 21, 2004 1:08:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have a few users that are road warriors, I was wondering if there is
anyway in XP Pro to synchronize a file on their laptop with a file located
on a networked drive once the user has logged in, or before they logout.

Any help will be appreciated.

SM

More about : file synchronization

Anonymous
November 21, 2004 1:08:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: BRIEFCASE , and hit enter.
3. Click on: "Synchronize files on connected computers using Briefcase".

How To Use the Briefcase Feature in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307885

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"SM" wrote:

| I have a few users that are road warriors, I was wondering if there is
| anyway in XP Pro to synchronize a file on their laptop with a file located
| on a networked drive once the user has logged in, or before they logout.
|
| Any help will be appreciated.
|
| SM
November 21, 2004 1:23:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

winexp/tool/synchronize

"SM" <sandeep@wowway.com> wrote in message
news:o c0BXR3zEHA.3072@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I have a few users that are road warriors, I was wondering if there is
> anyway in XP Pro to synchronize a file on their laptop with a file located
> on a networked drive once the user has logged in, or before they logout.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> SM

Related resources
October 12, 2009 6:58:56 PM

I use a programme to file synchronization, which is called File Sync. File Sync: why you need it? May be because of its efficiency. That is why I use this program and haven't any problems. What do you think about it?
October 12, 2009 7:00:00 PM

!