Pocket PC vs Windows Mobile

January 27, 2005 2:04:03 AM

Hi

What is the difference between pocket pc 2003 and windows mobile 2003?

Thanks

Regards

More about : pocket windows mobile

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 7:21:59 PM

"John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> What is the difference between pocket pc 2003 and windows mobile 2003?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

Windows Mobile is the brand that covers two different platforms: Pocket PC
and Smartphone. They both run Windows Mobile OS with versions targeted at
different user interfaces: touchscreen on Pocket PC, single hand operation
on Smartphone.

When you say Pocket PC 2003 it's understood that it's then running Windows
Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC (or Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC Phone
Edition). Similarly we have Windows Mobile 2003 for Smartphone.

Before this we used to have Pocket PC OS 2002.

--
Mauricio Freitas
MS MVP Mobile Devices