Intel Adds Return Addresses to SSD Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

xendrome

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Slow news day huh... ever post like this, further drops the credibility of this site in to even deeper negative numbers then it is already in

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]xendrome[/nom]Slow news day huh... ever post like this, further drops the credibility of this site in to even deeper negative numbers then it is already in[/citation]
Bad grammar and spelling reduces the credibility of your negative comment.

G

Yeah this might actually be the last straw. I think I come here out of nostalgia mostly anyway.

boulbox

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Why is there so much people complaining about news?

It's not like you will find something interesting on the newspaper every single day(maybe besides the comic section).

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"new regulatory requirements in the U.S"

Why did you not include some background info on this law explaining it's goal / purpose... and you'd have an informative article.
As it stands it provides information that are meaningless to consumers of these SSDs.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
The company said that it has added its return address to the product labels in order to comply with new regulatory requirements in the U.S.

Actually it's to comply with EU regulations. Intel doesn't specify what regulation, my guess is it has to do something with E-Waste.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Oh man! I bet this makes the new drives a whole lot faster just like racing stripes for economy cars! Zoom!

On a more serious note, what moronic governing body passed this requirement law and why? Thanks for wasting my tax dollars and screwing up my future, grumpy old men.

catswold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]bigdragon[/nom]Oh man! I bet this makes the new drives a whole lot faster just like racing stripes for economy cars! Zoom!On a more serious note, what moronic governing body passed this requirement law and why? Thanks for wasting my tax dollars and screwing up my future, grumpy old men.[/citation]
The capacity for "do-gooders" to heap more and more regulations on people and industry is limitless. Passing new laws and regulations justifies their existence (in their own little minds). To paraphrase an old adage, Government hates a regulatory vacuum. Passing laws for the sake of passing laws (and restricting freedom).

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]catswold[/nom]The capacity for "do-gooders" to heap more and more regulations on people and industry is limitless. Passing new laws and regulations justifies their existence (in their own little minds). To paraphrase an old adage, Government hates a regulatory vacuum. Passing laws for the sake of passing laws (and restricting freedom).[/citation]
I would like to see the reasoning behind doing this. Surely this is a side effect of some other thing. Who could possibly think "let's make SSD manufacturer's put addresses on their items. Although I could see having a requirement for any product to have the company's address included somewhere in the packaging, putting it on the product seems odd.

[citation][nom]bigdragon[/nom]Oh man! I bet this makes the new drives a whole lot faster just like racing stripes for economy cars! Zoom!On a more serious note, what moronic governing body passed this requirement law and why? Thanks for wasting my tax dollars and screwing up my future, grumpy old men.[/citation]
It's the drug (hippy) generation running the country. It's only going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.